Floral Design Instructor Part-time
FLORAL DESIGN INSTRUCTOR PART TIME DALEY COLLEGE Consider joining Daley College Continuing Education Department as a Part-Time Floral Design Instructor. Daley College's Continuing Education Department has an exciting opportunity for an engaging, energetic and patient instructor to teach basic floral design skills to adults. The Floral Design Instructor will develop and implement an appropriate and engaging curriculum by taking into consideration the unique abilities and interests of each participant. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop curriculum and weekly lesson plans that help students develop basic floral design techniques that can be applied in entry-level positions in floral shops and for personal enjoyment.
- Ability to teach using different methods and teaching styles, ensuring that participants are fully engaged.
- Inspire, motivate and foster confidence in all students.
- Discuss and demonstrate the relevance of floral design skills development for personal use and as an additional source of income for individuals.
- Adhere to City Colleges of Chicago code of ethics, board rules and policies and procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Five or more years of floral design experience.
- Minimum of one year teaching and/or training experience in appropriate discipline preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with diverse group of students and staff.