Assistant Director of AUM Wellness Center
Vacancy Number: S-00686 Position Title: Assistant Director of AUM Wellness Center Classification Title: Associate Director Department: Wellness Center Employment Type: Full-Time Duties and Responsibilities:
The Wellness Center within the Division of Campus/Auxiliary Services at Auburn University at Montgomery is seeking a full-time Assistant Director of AUM Wellness Center. This position will serve on the departmental leadership team, oversee and manage professional staff and student leaders. Reporting to the Director of the Wellness Center, the Assistant Director is responsible for assisting with the daily operation, staffing, and strategic visioning for the Wellness Center. This individual will be a fundamental team member of the Wellness Center which is designed to provide the entire community with an opportunity to participate in a variety of activities such as aquatic programs, athletic training, fitness/wellness, outdoor recreation, special events, and other collaborative programs.
• Provide leadership and support the development and operation of the Wellness Center facility management and services under the guidance of the Wellness Center Director.
• Assist in hiring, training, supervising, scheduling, and evaluating assigned full time, part-time, and student staff in the Wellness Center
• Oversee and maintain fitness equipment and wellness facilities. Schedule maintenance of equipment as needed.
• Collaborate with campus partners to avoid scheduling conflicts of the center.
• Assist in the preparation and maintenance of records for the department such as budget, participation numbers, membership counts, and other various reports.
• Assist in establishing policies that provide for the effective operation of the Wellness Center and support the strategic goals of the institution.
• Assist in the development and implementation of risk management procedures and protocols.
• Assist in planning special recreation related events for students, faculty, and staff.
• Understand and represent the mission and vision of Auburn University at Montgomery.
• Grow activity offerings to reflect the university needs and industry trends.
• Other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of recreation, sports management/administration and facility operations.
• Effective organizational, leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of computer programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and e-mail software).
• A working knowledge of financial operations.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Recreation, Sports Management, Exercise Physiology, Health Education, Physical Education, or related field with three (3) years’ proven experience working in recreation facility operations and/or management in a related field is required or a combination of education and seven (7) years’ of progressive experience in recreation facility operations and/or management in a related field.
• Experience with Banner, Kronos, and
recreational management software is preferred.
• Experience in recreational programs and university or corporate health/fitness setting.
• American Red Cross cardiopulmonary resuscitation ( CPR ) and automated external defibrillation ( AED ) and First Aid certification are required. CPR / AED /First Aid/Lifeguard and Wilderness First Aid instructor certifications are preferred.
• Requires ability to work a flex schedule including days, nights, and weekends.
Job Open Date: 01/25/2021 This posting will remain open until closed: Yes Job Close Date: Salary Band: 107 Special Instructions to Applicants:
Auburn University at Montgomery reserves the right once interviewing has begun to stop accepting applications.
About the University/College
Located in Alabama’s vibrant state capital, Auburn University at Montgomery is a fast-growing university on the rise. Don’t just take our word for it: The Princeton Review rates us as one of the best colleges in the Southeast, while U.S. News & World Report recently ranked us No. 22 among regional universities in the South for the quality of undergraduate teaching and 38th among all public institutions in the region.
Auburn University at Montgomery is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity; therefore, we encourage applications from historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Additionally, the safety and security of our campus community is a top priority. All employees at AUM are considered to be Responsible Employees and have the duty to immediately report information that has the potential to adversely impact safety or wellness on our campus.
Quick Link https://www.jobs.aum.edu/postings/4570 Position Profile Link Applicant Documents
- Cover Letter
- Professional Reference Sheet
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology & Physical Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery