Clinical Coordinator for the Undergraduate Program
Vacancy Number: F-00259 Position Title: Clinical Coordinator for the Undergraduate Program Classification Title: Faculty Department: Nursing Employment Type: Full-Time Minimum Qualifications:
Masters Degree in Nursing, Doctorate Preferred. Current unencumbered registered nurse license in AL. Clinical Experience in an acute care setting. Strong organizational skills, excellent written and oral communication skills. Strong computer skills. Experience with undergraduate baccalaureate nursing students preferred.
Job Open Date: 01/26/2021 Job Close Date: Quick Link https://www.jobs.aum.edu/postings/4579 Position Profile Link
School: College of Nursing and Health Sciences Contract Type: Twelve (12) Months Tenure Track: No Salary Band: N/A Special Instructions to Applicant:
The Clinical Coordinator for the Undergraduate Program coordinates and facilitates selection of clinical facilities in hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, nursing homes and community health agencies for clinical placements as well as experiential learning activities for undergraduate students in the School of Nursing.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Coordinates and facilitates faculty requests for clinical placements.
2. Facilitates faculty orientation to new facilities.
3. Ensures that all correspondence with clinical agencies is completed each semester including but not limited to letters of agreement. Responsible for rescheduling students when clinical sites change and/or warrant reorganization.
4. Responsible for ensuring all students are current, including, but not limited to immunizations, CPR certification, Basic Life Support, agency orientations.
5. Ensure agency contracts are up to date.
6. Seek new placements and opportunities as needed.
7. Troubleshoot placement issues.
8. Ensure that all required student documentation is current and accessible (i.e.) Castlebranch, evidence of health insurance, evidence of completion of HIPAA course.
9. Assist with clinical orientation of new faculty.
10. Ensure that all required clinical evaluations, clinical site evaluations, preceptor evaluations and other end of semester evaluation paperwork is complete and filed each semester.
11. Review clinical site evaluations and make recommendations based on data.
12. Attend meetings as required for school, college and university.
13. Attend clinical agency meetings as appropriate.
14. Assist with completion of required reports such as Board of Nursing, CCNE .
15. Assist with clinical outreach activities such as Healthy Kids, etc.
16. May teach didactic or lab sections in the undergraduate program as needed.
17. May direct oversight for clinical groups and/or conduct clinical site visits as needed.
18. Perform other duties as required.
About the University/College
Auburn University at Montgomery has been ranked among the South’s top universities by U.S. News and World Report, was named one of the best colleges in the Southeast by The Princeton Review, is designated as a Military Friendly School, and is consistently chosen as the best university in the area. Auburn Montgomery provides students with detailed knowledge and hands-on, practical experience, often from professionals in the field.
The mission of the AUM College of Nursing & Health Sciences is to foster and exemplify excellence in teaching, service/outreach, and research. The program prepares professional nurses to provide patient-centered, culturally competent, evidence-based care for diverse populations in a dynamic health care environment. Graduates are ready to assume leadership roles in the provision of nursing care in all health care settings. Master’s graduates are ready to lead in educator and advanced practice nurse roles in health-related services to diverse populations.
Auburn University at Montgomery is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity; therefore, we encourage applications from historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Additionally, the safety and security of our campus community is a top priority. All employees at AUM are considered to be Responsible Employees and have the duty to immediately report information that has the potential to adversely impact safety or wellness on our campus.
Auburn University at Montgomery reserves the right once interviewing has begun to stop accepting applications.
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Professional Reference Sheet
- Additional Transcript(s)
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).