Tutor Math Lab (Level I-II)
Tutor Math Lab (Level I-II)
391 Country Club Road
Wylie, Texas, 75098
We are searching for an experienced Tutor Math Lab (Level I-II) .
Provide students with tutoring, instruction and resources for the offered math curriculum. Assist faculty, staff and students with the resources available in the Math Lab. Communicate with faculty, staff, students and members of the community to provide information about the Math Lab, to stay current with the curriculum offered and to obtain supplemental resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide individual and group math instruction, tutoring and lab assistance.
- Maintain current knowledge of math content offered and adapt new methods as needed for the curriculum.
- Assist with monitoring day-to-day activities in the lab, including maintaining a clean lab, compiling data for reports, troubleshooting computer issues and checking emails.
- Assist faculty, staff and students with selecting and using the resources and technology offered in the Math Lab, including assisting with use of math course software platforms, Microsoft Word and Excel, Collin College’s website, the printing station and specific currently-used graphing calculators. Compiles resources, as needed.
- Maintain accurate and confidential records on tutoring sessions to track student progress and to collect data for the End of Semester Reports.
- Handle internal and external inquiries about the Math Lab’s procedures, policies, hours of operation, resources available and tutoring methods.
- Maintain confidentiality of student records in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Ensure offices and files are adequately secured on a daily basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Position requires availability to work nights and weekend hours on campus and online. Online tutoring experience preferred.
LEVEL I (PT208)
Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in mathematics or a directly related field and one (1) year of tutoring and/or teaching experience.
LEVEL II (PT209)
Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution in mathematics or a directly related field and one (1) year of tutoring and/or teaching experience.
This position is generally limited to working a maximum of 19.5 hours per week. (Maximum hours for employees with more than one part-time position at Collin College may vary.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of mathematics courses
- Knowledge of currently-used graphing calculators
- Knowledge of fundamental math concepts and content
- Knowledge of available online resources and supplemental materials
- Knowledge of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Acts (FERPA) as it relates to confidentiality of student records
- Knowledge of college policies, procedures and Core Values
- Computer and applicable software skills
- Math skills
- Instructing skills
- Organizational skills
- Troubleshooting skills
- Ability to use the computer as a tool for instruction
- Ability to be alert to the changing needs of the students
- Ability to adapt teaching methods
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to adapt to a flexible schedule as needed
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in this class typically require talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Part-time Staff
Compensation Type: Hourly
Compensation Range: $18.53 - 19.65
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Mathematics Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney