Adjunct Instructor - Sociology
Job Summary/Basic Function
In keeping with our mission and vision statement, Maryville actively seeks adjunct faculty members who are experts in their fields and have a passion for teaching. Adjunct faculty are an integral part of the University’s learning community and teach courses on-campus or online.
The College of Arts and Sciences is accepting applications for an academically/professionally qualified adjunct faculty member to teach Sociology undergraduate courses.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
• Teach assigned course as specified in the schedule and course contract.
• Participate in welcome orientation to become familiar with the University’s mission, academic policies and procedures, expectations, and Canvas (Learning Management System).
• Prepare essential learning objectives, lesson plans, and assignments. Develop course syllabus.
• Clearly communicate course objectives and learning outcomes, teaching methodology, and assignments and deadlines.
• Employ a variety of teaching styles in order to effectively deliver course content demonstrating both academic and real-world applications of concepts covered.
• Encourage active learning through discussion topics, class assignments, group projects, etc.
• Provide feedback and grade assignments in a timely and thorough manner (with 24-36 hrs.).
• Establish office hours to provide additional assistance with student questions/concerns.
• Report early alerts for students who are not actively engaging in the course.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Master’s degree in Sociology or related field from a regionally accredited institution.
• Doctorate with at least 15 graduate hours in Sociology from a regionally accredited institution.
• Teaching experience and relevant experience in the field.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.
Advertised: January 25, 2021
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Humanities Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Other Humanities Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Law & Legal Studies Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur