Chief of Staff - Office of the Dean, College of Medicine
DIR, Administrative Services
The College of Medicine (COM) is seeking a Chief of Staff for the Office of the Dean. This role will serve as a senior advisor to the Dean with responsibility across the College of Medicine (COM). The Chief of Staff works with the executive, academic and clinical leadership of the school, representing the Dean as requested, providing advice, input, and direction for the operations of the Dean’s office and strategic initiatives. This position serves as a single point of contact to address issues brought to the Dean and works to find efficient and appropriate resolutions. The position requires strong organizational, operational and management skills, including strategic planning, project management and group engagement.
- Provide direction and support to the Dean in a senior advisor capacity
- Advise the Dean regarding emerging and ongoing UF Health, local and national issues, themes and trends which may ultimately impact the College and UF Health.
- Communicate with leadership teams and advise the Dean regarding important developments.
- Advise the Dean on strategic decisions, sensitive issues, and long-range planning.
- Under the Dean’s direction, develop and support a culture of continuous quality-improvement, shared efficiencies, and professionalism within the COM.
- Support the Dean in developing goals and priorities for the School; ensure a unified understanding of and progress toward those goals and priorities by the Dean’s senior leadership team and across the college,
- Interface with senior leadership or others on matters of importance on behalf of the Dean or in his absence; serve as a “go to” person for vice deans and their teams, and other direct reports including department directors
- Strategize with the Dean and other senior leadership on institutional planning, policy development, and problem resolution; ensure implementation plans are effectively communicated and managed.
- Advise the Dean on invitations, speaking engagements and professional commitments
- Serve as a strategic liaison to internal and external constituencies and committees, representing the Dean where appropriate
- Handle other appropriate business matters as assigned by the Dean
- Serve as Secretary to the Agenda Committee of the College Medical Executive Committee
- Work with the Dean to develop topics for the associated boards and committee meetings
- Work with the Dean to determine issues to be addressed in issue-based letters to the trustees
- Review and assist with shaping speakers’ presentations for the Board/Executive Committees, aligning them with UF Health’s mission and strategic plan and working to foster meaningful discussions about these topics/issues
- At the request of the Dean, lead ad hoc project teams and takes responsibility for follow-up and outcomes
- Provide coordination and support for assigned projects
- Prepare or review business plans in connection with assigned projects
- Accountable for the executive office functions of the Office of the Dean/CEO and Office of Vice Deans $1.
- Responsible for reviewing and approving COM announcements
- Troubleshoot and respond to issues and concerns brought to the Office of the Dean/CEO
- Organize recruitment and onboarding of COM leadership and contribute to the process for UF Health leadership.
Community Relations Support:
- Serve on COM related committees (employee anniversary, superior accomplishment awards, diversity, etc.)
Expected salary range is $95,000-$120,000 annually; commensurate education and experience.
Master’s degree in appropriate area of specialization and six years of appropriate experience or a bachelor’s degree in appropriate areas of specialization and eight years of experience.
The successful candidate will possess:
- 7 years of experience in higher education or related organizations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with higher education institutions and executive management
- Ability to identify and analyze a variety of issues and problems, make recommendations, and/or take action to resolve them
- Must exhibit an understanding of the importance of personal integrity
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, exercise discretion and mature judgment, and manage multiple priorities at once
- Demonstrated supervisory skills and ability to effectively motivate and engage others
- Must be a self-starter, creative and imaginative
- Demonstrated adaptability to meet changing demands. Must be flexible and available to leadership, faculty and staff on an as-needed basis
- Demonstrated ability to address/resolve difficult multi-faceted problems
- Ability to work independently with authority and minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain confidences and interact with discretion when needed, while operating in a tactful and professional manner at all times
- Ability to develop and maintain sound professional relationships among superiors, subordinates and peers, exhibiting approachability to address issues as they arise
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter, resume, and a list of 3 professional references. Applications will be kept confidential and references will not be contacted without the permission of applicants.
The University of Florida is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
This is time-limited.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required: No
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge