Sr. Laboratory Technician
University Code 34054 University Title Senior Lab/Research Technician 1 University Job Family Research & Innovation ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Multi Title Scope of Search Local Working Title Sr. Laboratory Technician Position Number 587070 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Non-Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Internal Medicine Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
This position is key to personnel in all aspects of research within the laboratory of Dr. Patricia Sime. The Sr. lab Tech in this position will:
· perform a variety of cellular and molecular biology experiments and analyses on samples and cells isolated from animal studies;
· assist with general laboratory assays including histology, western blots, cell culture, ELISA, RNA isolation, and rtPCR;
· maintain the lab, including maintenance of equipment and ordering supplies;
· ensure compliance with policies and maintain lab documentation for safety reviews and audits;
· organize and analyze results of experiments and present data to others as required;
· teach and train new lab members in methods and techniques used by the lab;
· and perform an array of other laboratory functions.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Candidate must be competent in a broad range of molecular biology and animal techniques and possess a composite set of skills including strong communication skills, strong organization skills, demonstrated interpersonal management skills and strong writing skills. Must be able to work independently in designing and implementing experiments and must be able to communicate established guidelines to others. Must have expertise with animal experiments, breeding, colony maintenance, microscopy and molecular biology techniques. Candidate must have excellent command of oral and written English language and work effectively in a collaborative and diverse work environment. Candidate must be able to work with rodents and must complete human subjects research training.
Extensive course work in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Molecular Biology and 3 to 5 years of experience conducting cellular and molecular biology experiments or related laboratory experience involving direct assistance to researchers.
Preferred Hiring Standards
Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Molecular Biology; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Proficiency in Prism Graph Pad, MS Word, Excel, Photoshop, PowerPoint, and statistical software. Occasional weekend and evening hours may be necessary. Flow cytometry experience is a plus. Experience with cloning, site-directed mutagenesis, and adenovirus and lentiviral vector systems is desirable
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range $45,000 - $55,000 Application Process/Additional Information Campus MCV Campus Hours/Week 40 hours weekly Normal Work Days/Hours Monday- Friday/8:00 am - 5:00 pm Job Open Date 01/25/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Laboratory Is this a restricted position? Yes Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? No Sensitive Position Yes- A pre-employment fingerprint background check will be required. Resource Critical No Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/103005 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please describe your work experience, education, and training
that is directly related to this position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please list your course work in Biology, Chemistry,
Biochemistry and/or Molecular Biology.
(Open Ended Question)
- * How many years of experience do you have conducting cellular
and molecular biology experiments or related laboratory experience
involving direct assistance to researchers?
(Open Ended Question)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Chemistry & Biochemistry Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond