Job Code/Title 82761 - H - Lab/Research Technician 1 Position Number HU1265 Working Title Research Assistant Department Surgery Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $10-$15 Campus MCV Campus Position Type Hourly Hours/Week Flexible Normal work days M-F Normal work hours Flexible Job Category Research Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? Yes Is any portion of this position grant-funded? Yes - Continuation of this position depends on funding of the grant. Sensitive Position Yes- A pre-employment fingerprint background check will be required. Resource Critical No Description of the Job
This position will support Dr. Seung Duk Lee’s newly established transplant research project among others within the ORBIT labs. This position will be responsible for performing basic molecular and biochemical experiments on cells, and tissues of animal or human origin.
Additional duties include but are not limited to:
• Assist in the care of animals and performing periodic blood collections.
• Perform bench experiments independently
• Maintain laboratory notebook and properly enter data pertaining to research.
• Perform data analysis and basic statistics of the experimental data.
• Maintain inventory of the lab reagents and supplies.
• Order reagents and supplies as needed for the lab research.
• Resolution of problems by troubleshooting and quality control.
• Responsible for competent reporting in all areas of the laboratory work.
• Support and participate in grant and manuscript submissions and writing.
• Receive, process, store, and catalog clinical research samples.
• Demonstrate initiative, prioritization, and good time management in primary areas of responsibility.
• Experience in molecular techniques ( ELISA, Immunohistochemistry, Western Blotting, real time PCR, RNA isolation, DNA isolation, etc.)
• Aseptic technique
• Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Genetics or related field from an accredited program
• Hepatology related research background plus
Job Open Date 01/25/2021 Remove from posting on or before Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Additional Information Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/103025 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document