Research Administrator - Team Lead
University Code 34212 University Title Research Administrator 2 University Job Family Research - Support ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Multi Title Scope of Search Local Working Title Research Administrator - Team Lead Position Number 591390 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
As a member of the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) fiscal team, the Research Administrator will assist the Finance Manager in providing oversight, training, and direct support to Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (PM&R) and Center for Rehabilitation Science and Engineering ( CERSE ) in the compliant administration of sponsored projects.
• As assigned, will work directly with investigators, administrators, and other research administration staff to provide support for proposal submissions, financial administration of awards, and sponsor reporting.
• Conducts routine monitoring of fiscal and administrative processes to ensure divisions are managing sponsored projects in accordance with established guidelines of the School of Medicine, Virginia Commonwealth University, and sponsoring agencies.
• Monitors spending on sponsored accounts, effort reporting, account deficits, indirect cost recoveries, and timeliness of project closeouts.
• Assists in the development and updating of resource and training materials for dissemination to PM&R and CERSE faculty and staff.
• This position will supervise other staff.
Minimum Hiring Standards
• Prior experience in research administration in the areas of proposal development, financial management, effort reporting, and project closeout.
• Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and OMB Uniform Guidance for Federal awards.
• Demonstrated analytical skills; ability to analyze financial transactions for trends and variances; ability to create reports, tracking tools, and professional documents
• Experience in budget development, experience forecasting, financial reconciliation, and the ability to interpret and apply complete government regulations and contractual terms.
• Must be proficient in the use of Word, Excel, and Access, with demonstrated experience using spreadsheets or databases to organize data appropriately for financial analysis and reporting.
• Strong problem solving and time management skills, including the ability to adapt to frequent changes in work assignments, prioritize, and manage competing priorities to meet deadlines are required.
• Must be precise, thorough, and reliable and perform daily activities with minimal supervision.
• Excellent customer service skills, written and verbal communication skills, and ability to work as part of a team.
• Experience using electronic research administration platforms such as RAMS - SPOT, PI Dashboard, eRA Commons, and Grants.gov.
• Working knowledge of state or university purchasing, travel, and personnel administration policies and procedures as well as a general understanding of IRB and regulatory agency requirements pertaining to human subject research.
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, management, or related field.
• Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a diverse environment is required.
Preferred Hiring Standards
• Master’s degree preferred.
• Certified Research Administrator ( CRA ) certification is strongly preferred.
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range $60,000-65,000 Application Process/Additional Information
VCU strives to ensure a climate of mutual respect and trust where individuals of different cultural backgrounds, identities, abilities, and life experiences are embraced, engaged, and empowered to drive excellence and achieve success. Every member of the university community has a stake in and responsibility for VCU’s continual achievement of inclusive excellence. Every member of the university community should know VCU is a place where they can come and achieve their goals, and that VCU is invested in their success, health, and well-being. During the interview process, please be prepared to discuss your understanding of diversity and how you promote equity and inclusion in the workforce.
Campus MCV Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours M-F 8-5 Job Open Date 01/25/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Research Is this a restricted position? Yes Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/102498 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Institutional Research & Planning Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Research Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond