Requested Start Date:
February 17, 2021
Normal Work Schedule:
Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm, evenings and weekends may be required for special projects
The Graphic Designer creates the overall appearance of a wide range of communications products through the use of graphics, typography, content strategy, visual design, and animation to effectively deliver products to the targeted end user. The Graphic Designer develops the overall layout and production design for advertisements, brochures, magazines and reports. The goal of the work of the Graphic Designer is to create meaningful engagement between the university, the programs offered, and internal and external audiences through various mediums. The incumbent will be evaluated on timely completion of projects, success of communications initiatives, and effective use of university resources.
- Creates well designed publications including brochures, recruitment, and other promotional materials, and advertising, positively reflecting the programs and services offered by the University.
- Participates the development of marketing strategies and address issues related to the branding of the University.
- Works with representatives from university departments and programs to gather design information and oversees production from initial concept to final product.
- Provides guidance to clients on effective strategies to reach targeted audience.
- Creates engaging, interactive experiences (experiential marketing) for digital mediums and devices via video, web or print.
- Identifies needs, motivations, and behavior of targeted end users.
- Designs projects with an emphasis on user goals and experiences.
- Evaluates visual information in terms of usability and influence.
- Develops relationships both on and off-campus with an integrated combination of face-to-face, phone and e-mail communication methods in order to develop trust and camaraderie.
- Attends University events and interacts with all stakeholders (faculty, staff, students, and community members) in order to judge effectiveness of designs.
- Performs related work as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communications or related field required
- Documented (permanent or freelance) experience in graphic, visual or related design required
- Experience in the use of Adobe Creative Suite: Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe After Effects required
- Experience in client relations required
- Cover Letter
Additional Information: None
Supplemental Questions: None
Clery Notice: In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, https://clerycenter.org/policy-resources/the-clery-act/ the Jacksonville State University Police provide information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three calendar years. The JSU Annual Campus Security and Fire Report is available online at: http://jsu.edu/police/docs/CleryAnnualReport.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity: JSU is an Equal Employment, Equal Opportunity, and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.