Core Facility Coordinator, Office of Research and Creative Scholarship
The Office of Research and Creative Scholarship (ORCS) invites applications for a Core Facility Coordinator ( Budget Analyst I) . This position will be responsible for reviewing and analyzing past core facility usage, current core usage, and projecting future activity in order to meet financial solvency. The successful candidate will also be able to provide professional accounting work, including billing and collection activity in support of the Core Facility. In this position, the candidate would be responsible for setting core facility fees in conjunction with a committee under the Vice President for Research & Creative Scholarship. The Core Facility Coordinator may also provide support in grant management, contract and cooperative agreements, and institutional coordination of research core facilities. The Coordinator will be responsible for a monthly process in which the candidate will support the LAR by collecting daily counts from research units, calculating the monthly transaction amounts, sending requests for index numbers and posting the revenue received.
Also, the person assigned to this position is expected to:
- Have a great deal of responsibility, management, and coordination with other research core facilities.
- Be responsible for setting core facility fees in conjunction with a committee under the Vice President for Research & Creative Scholarship.
- Work directly with the Principle Investigators in ORCS, to develop grant budgets, enter budgets into ePROP, and provide monthly reports to ORCS Principal Investigators.
- Provide support as needed in grant management, contract and cooperative agreements, and institutional coordination of research core facilities.
- Serve as the Research & Creative Scholarship Departmental Research Associate (DRA).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This position requires incumbent to develop a working knowledge of University of Montana policies and procedures for research administration; develop proficiency with platforms for federal grants and contracts; develop advanced knowledge and experience with the University of Montana’s databases and systems, including UM Data Warehouse, GrizMart, U-Approve, and InfoGriz; develop a working knowledge of University research policies and procedures, as well as ensuring compliance with federal rules and regulations.
Minimum Required Skills and Experience
- High school diploma (or equivalency) in addition to three (3) years of closely related experience; or any combination of experience and education that provides the competencies necessary to successfully discharge the duties and responsibilities assigned to the position.
- Demonstrated knowledge of budget management, practices, and procedures.
- Understanding of budget preparation, expense and revenue categories, and the ability to perform salary calculations.
- Ability to monitor grant activity and reconcile grant accounts.
- Effective interpersonal, public relations, and communication skills, including the ability to work with diverse individuals.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and to grow and develop working knowledge, skills, and abilities along with having the ability to work independently.
- Ability to independently demonstrate growth that includes higher-level decision making and complex data analysis.
- Demonstrated organizational time-management, multi-tasking skills, and the ability to meet deadlines in a busy environment.
- Knowledge of the correct application of pertinent federal regulation to monitor and track account expenditures
- Knowledge of federal requirements for core facility oversight and management.
- Knowledge and/or ability to calculate Facilities and Administration (F&A) application and recovery.
- Experience in developing and maintaining excel workbooks to track actual costs and expense projections to budget.
- Software experience in Banner, Grizmart, UApprove, or UMDW.
- Experience in governmental or grant accounting.
About the Office of Research and Creative Scholarship, UM and Missoula
The Office of Research and Creative Scholarship supports the educational and research mission of the University through advocacy and advancement of basic and applied research, creative work, and academic scholarship, and fosters an environment where research, scholarly activities, entrepreneurship, and economic development thrive.
The University of Montana is a unit of the Montana University System with over 10,000 students. It is located in Missoula, a culturally vibrant community of about 72,000, surrounded by mountain grandeur which was recently ranked in the “ top 20 best college towns with a population of less than 250,000 ” by the American Institute for Economic Research and ranked 9th in Outside Magazine’s “ The 16 Greatest Places to Live in America” in 2014 . Many national publications recognize Missoula for its high quality of life . Abundant recreational opportunities in surrounding state and national forests and nearby Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park complement a thriving intellectual atmosphere. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its five priorities for action : Place student success at the center of all we do; drive excellence and innovation in teaching, learning, and research; embody the principle of “mission first, people always"; partner with place; and proudly tell the UM story.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
- University of Montana
- City of Missoula
- The State of Montana
Position Title: Budget Analyst I
Position Number: 069490
Department: Office of Research and Creative Scholarship
Work Schedule: Full-time, 1.0 FTE (40 Hours a week), Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, 12 months/year, Position requires an alternative work schedule.
Salary: $17.870/hr – For questions and details regarding the staff compensation plan, email the Compensation Department .
Union Affiliation: FOCUS - MFPE
Probationary Period: Six months minimum
Benefits Include : Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Application Deadline: Wednesday, February 10, 2021 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Candidates are required to submit the following materials online via "New Resume/CV" button below
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience.
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references.
Need additional help? Check out our UM Jobs FAQ website.
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Institutional Research & Planning Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Research Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner