Vice President of Strategic Enrollment
Vice President of Strategic Enrollment
About Champlain College:
Founded in 1878, Champlain College® is a small, not-for-profit, private college overlooking Lake Champlain and Burlington, Vermont, with additional campuses in Montreal, Canada, and Dublin, Ireland. Our career-driven approach to higher education prepares students for their professional life from their very first semester.
For the fifth year in a row, Champlain was named a "Most Innovative School" in the North by U.S. News & World Report's "America's Best Colleges" 2020 regional rankings and listed among The Princeton Review's "The Best 385 Colleges" in 2020. Champlain is also featured in the 2021 Fiske Guide to Colleges as one of the "best and most interesting schools" in the United States, Canada, and Great Britain as well as recognized as a 2020 College of Distinction for its "Engagement, Teaching, Community, and Outcomes."
We encourage interested candidates to peruse our www.champlain.edu/peoplecenter website for more information about our work and cultural environment. Champlain College offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes tuition benefits, generous retirement contributions, and a professional working environment.
Champlain College invites applications for the position of Vice President of Strategic Enrollment. This individual is responsible for the vision, leadership, and implementation of strategic enrollment alignment at the College. The Vice President provides leadership to admissions, financial aid, marketing, centralized student support services, enrollment operations, and data analysis in support of college goals to support all learners, maintain student-centered services to facilitate a positive student experience, and create new learning opportunities in alignment with the College's mission, vision, and values. The Vice President reports directly to the President and is a member of the President's Cabinet.
This is an exciting time to join Champlain College and be part of a bold, innovative, and strategic leadership team! Champlain's Ninth President, Dr. Benjamin Ola Akande is a results-oriented leader, admired for his ability to connect with diverse constituencies at all levels within public, private, and nonprofit sectors. He possesses a wealth of business skills, honed by decades of experience working for and leading entrepreneurial and mission-driven organizations. Dr. Akande is looking for a Strategic Enrollment partner that will support his goals of implementing strategic initiatives with confidence and expertise while balancing enrollment and revenue goals with the Champlain College mission.
- Provide direction and leadership on the positioning of the institution to ensure differentiation and value.
- Works in collaboration and partnership with the Provost and key academic leaders in ensuring strategic enrollment alignment with the College's programs and academic portfolio.
- Creates the enrollment vision and strategy for the team. Provide direction and leadership to the Office of Admissions, Financial Aid, and Marketing to achieve recruitment, enrollment, and retention goals.
- Anticipate changes by analyzing and utilizing relevant data and market trends and opportunities in the enrollment marketplace (including admissions, financial aid, recruitment, and marketing) and respond creatively.
- Ensure enrollment management services are of quality and provide value to the marketplace.
- Develops and coaches direct reports on enrollment goals and revenue generation, skill development, and continuous improvement for their professional advancement.
- Partner with stakeholders to strategically move students from applicant to enrollment to persistence and graduation.
- Serves as the primary point of contact to the President and the Board of Trustees regarding enrollment and the strategic planning to meet enrollment goals.
- Administer and oversee all aspects of the enrollment management budget and partners with the Vice President of Finance on revenue projections.
- Provide support to the President and Board of Trustees.
- Master's degree required. A doctorate degree from a regionally accredited college or university preferred.
- Ten (10) years of progressive responsibility in Enrollment Management and Retention (higher education administration).
- A minimum of seven (7) years of direct supervisory experience as a Director or above in enrollment management is required.
- Experience with the implementation of comprehensive strategic enrollment management plans with evidence of effectiveness in marketing, recruitment, and key performance indicators.
- Active practitioner in enrollment leadership.
- Demonstrated success as a cogent and strategic thought partner, planner, and leader.
- Must be a flexible and motivational leader who has the ability to inspire others, have a collegial and consultative style, a belief in the power of teamwork, and a commitment to diversity.
- Experience in management, strategic planning, and implementation of admissions, recruitment, financial aid, communications, and retention.
- Must be a visionary, strategic thinker who is a data-driven decision maker.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively in a diverse environment and ability to lead a diverse team. A leader who maximizes talent, values differences, and is committed to inclusion and creating a sense of belonging for students, faculty, and staff.
- Strong data and technology skills, including experience in new technologies for the advancement of enrollment.
Preference will be given to individuals with experience in tuition-driven institutions.
The successful completion of a criminal background check is required as a condition of employment.
Application materials must include a resume/CV and a letter of interest (Cover Letter) specifically addressing the desired qualifications.
Champlain College does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, place of birth, ancestry, religion, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, veteran or military service status, HIV -positive status, qualified disability, or on the basis of any other status protected by law, and does not discriminate in the administration of its education and admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, employment practices or co-curricular and other College-administered programs. Champlain College will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified students, applicants for admission or employment, or employees. Please contact the People Center at 802.651.5800 with questions concerning the hiring process or future employment at Champlain College, or if auxiliary aids or services are needed to apply for employment at Champlain College.
Champlain College is committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community. Recognizing that diversity is both a reflection of our world and a source of rich education, Champlain strives to be diverse and inclusive in ways that reflect the world in which we live and work. All members of the Champlain community are valued as individuals.
The College seeks candidates who, through their work and life experiences, service to the community, teaching, or research can contribute to the diversity, inclusivity, and academic excellence of Champlain College. Please include information about how you would contribute to these efforts and help to further this goal in your letter of interest/cover letter.
For more information and to apply, please go to https://champlain.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=126296
In order to be considered for the position, you must upload a resume.
EU Employee Data Protection Notice:
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Burlington
- Student Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Burlington
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Burlington
- Chief Student Affairs Officers & Vice Presidents Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Burlington