Communications Studies Faculty
(2) Unlimited, Full-time Positions
START DATE: Fall Semester/August 19, 2021
POSTING OPEN FROM: January 25, 2021- February 22, 2021
THE COLLEGE COMMUNITY
Anoka-Ramsey Community College is an open-door, comprehensive higher education institution committed to excellence in teaching and learning. ARCC has campuses in both Cambridge and Coon Rapids, Minnesota.
The aligned institutions of Anoka-Ramsey Community College (ARCC) and Anoka Technical College (ATC) are members of Minnesota State. With over 100 degree, certificate, and transfer programs across three campuses, ARCC and ATC have served the citizens of the Twin Cities and East Central Minnesota since 1965. Annually, the two colleges (three campuses) serve more than 16,000 learners of all ages and ethnicities as they pursue associate degrees that transfer as the first two years of a bachelor’s degree, or technical and certificate programs that lead immediately to rewarding careers.
We are committed to responding to the educational needs of our changing communities and to providing opportunities for enhancing knowledge, skills, and values in a supportive learning environment. We recognize and assert the value of inclusion as an ethical imperative and as a necessity for academic rigor, student success, and lifelong learning. Our goal is to strive for inclusive excellence in our commitment to preparing all students and employees for success. Our commitment to inclusive excellence seeks to extend beyond academic offerings to meet diverse student interests as well as regional and economic needs.
Our college prides itself in our support for students’ holistic needs and we have many students who are first-generation students, students with disabilities, veteran students, nontraditional students, and students who identify as LGBTQA. The student population at ARCC is composed of 0.5% American Indian/Alaska Native, 5.9% Asian, 9.2% Black or African American, 5.6% Hispanic of any race, 0.1% Native Hawaiian/Other Pacific Islander, 65.7% White, and 4.6% multiracial and 22.5% first-generation students. We are also committed to creating a vibrant and diverse community of employees at ARCC, with 15% of our current employee population being people of color.
For more information about our college, please visit our website at http://www.anokaramsey.edu
Anoka-Ramsey Community College is seeking two (2) unlimited, full-time Communication Studies faculty members. The primary responsibilities include teaching a variety of Communication Studies course offerings. The position may include some online instruction. Participate and lead in discipline, division, campus, and college matters through service on committees. Continual professional development is expected. The CMST department values collegiality and collaboration as part of its commitment to teaching and learning and seeks candidates with strong interpersonal skills. The primary teaching responsibilities for these positions will be at the Coon Rapids campus.
- Master's degree with a major in speech, speech communication, or communication, or communication studies or
- Master's degree in any discipline/field with a minimum of 18 graduate semester credits (27 graduate quarter credits) in speech, speech communication, or communication, or communication studies.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS / Preference will be given to applicants who have the following:
- A philosophy of teaching that successfully integrates process-based teaching and student-centered learning techniques;
- Demonstrated commitment towards building a more culturally and racially diverse community;
- Experience with or a strong interest in utilizing proven strategies to eliminate equity gaps;
- A positive, growth-oriented mindset;
- A proven ability to work effectively and harmoniously with students, colleagues, and others;
- Experience teaching Communication Studies courses within the last three years;
- Demonstrated interest, and experience, teaching Public Speaking courses;
- A commitment to, and possession of, the necessary skills that support one or more of the college’s strategic objectives. See http://www.anokaramsey.edu/about-us/mission-strategic-plan/
SALARY & BENEFITS
Full-time faculty salaries are based on an evaluation of education and related experience after a job offer has been accepted and currently range from $39,212-$84,192. Full-time faculty work 171 days during a nine-month academic year and receive excellent benefits including health insurance, life insurance, dental insurance, short and long-term disability, paid personal and sick leave, retirement savings plans, tuition waiver for employees and dependents, professional development funds, along with many optional benefit programs.
Please complete the Anoka-Ramsey Community College online application form at https://anokaramsey.peopleadmin.com and upload these documents by the deadline:
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial College Transcripts
- Teaching Philosophy Statement
- Equity and Inclusion Statement
Equity and Inclusion Statement prompt: “Summarize in a personal statement your past experience in addressing equity, inclusion and diversity in your work and how you would advance our efforts at Anoka-Ramsey.”
Within your application material, please address how you meet the qualifications for this position. Applications must include transcripts to be considered. Copies of transcripts will be acceptable for applying. Successful candidates must provide official transcripts at the time of hire.
NOTICE: The college regrets that it is unable to offer H-1B sponsorship. The successful candidate under U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services regulations must be able to accept work in the U.S. by the day employment begins.
The safety of all members of ARCC is of vital concern. The Clery Act Campus Crime & Security Report is available to perspective employees at http://www.anokaramsey.edu/about-us/safety-security/. The campus Title IX Coordinator is Michael Opoku and can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or (763) 433-1272.
It is our commitment to ensure the selection process for this position is accessible to all candidates. Please contact the Anoka-Ramsey Human Resources Office, (763) 433-1160, to obtain these materials in an alternative format and/or to request a reasonable accommodation during the selection process.
Anoka-Ramsey Community College is an equal opportunity institution and employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Cambridge
- Communications Tenured/Tenured Track $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Cambridge
- Other Communications Tenured/Tenured Track $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Cambridge
- Speech & Rhetoric Tenured/Tenured Track $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Cambridge