El Paso Community College (EPCC) is now accepting applications for the tenure-track position of Counselor. You will be responsible for providing student educational and career services, goal setting, program selection and vocational choices in accordance with the philosophy and objectives of the College. We’ll rely on you to:
- Teach classes and seminars in human development and academic success
- Participate in implementing a counseling program to assist students in resolving institutional conflicts
- Prepare degree plans, transfer credit evaluations, student petitions and graduation applications
- Act as a liaison with faculty, departments and local agencies to provide information on programs, services and registration
- Assist in training EPCC staff
- Assist in training and work with secondary education counselors in advising and guiding students
- Assist in implementing new student orientation
- Master’s degree in counseling or other master’s degree with 18 graduate semester hours in counseling or guidance; a copy of the transcript reflecting this required education MUST be submitted for consideration
- Experience as a professional counselor, with experience or ability to counsel at the community college level
- Experience/ability to incorporate technology into the counseling environment
El Paso Community College (EPCC) is a dynamic, innovative educational institution with five full-service campuses and more than 30 community-based teaching sites. The College serves the needs of the largest Sunbelt metropolitan community along the U.S./Mexico border with a population exceeding 825,000. EPCC offers a seven-days-a-week class schedule in liberal arts, technical, vocational and non-traditional educational programs with an enrollment exceeding 28,000 multicultural credit and non-credit students each semester. The College offers a highly competitive compensation program and benefits package, including retirement, health/life/dental insurance, staff scholarships/tuition reimbursement and sick leave accrual plan.
For complete details and application instructions, visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/epcc/jobs/2959529/counselor
The El Paso County Community College district is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.