University Budget Director
The University Budget Director provides financial planning projections, consulting, and monitoring for all university departments and personnel. This position has daily oversight for the administration of UNC Asheville’s budget. This position supports campus leaders by providing instruction on best practices, compliance and oversight processes to assist with the budgeting needs of their division. This position assists the Vice Chancellor for Budget & Finance with the University Budget Committee. The Budget Office is the budget liaison between the University of North Carolina at Asheville, the Office of State Budget and Management and the University of North Carolina Office of the President.
The highly qualified candidates being sought will have a Master’s degree in either Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or a closely related field. A Bachelor’s degree with significant experience relevant to the description above may also be considered. In addition, applicants should demonstrate:
Four to eight years of progressively responsible experience, in budget administration, preferably in higher education.
- Knowledge of accepted accounting practices and procedures of the State of North Carolina and the University of North Carolina system.
- Experience with computerized financial systems (i.e. BANNER Finance)
- Four to eight years of budget experience, budget & finance and enrollment philanthropy experience with the University System of North Carolina is strongly preferred.
- CPA or MBA preferred.
- Knowledge of personal computers and software, and the ability to manage large amounts of financial data is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office products and a real plus would be experience with Anaplan an integrated state of the art financial forecasting software being implemented at UNC Asheville.
- Knowledge of higher education finance and familiar with NACUBO best practices.
- Experience supervising and leading a team.
This position directly supervises up to three positions and coordinates university budget development and forecasts for selected constituencies including Senior Staff and UNC System financial officers.
Learn more about this opportunity and apply at https://jobs.unca.edu/hr/postings/4583. UNC Asheville is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Asheville
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Asheville
- Financial Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Asheville
- Chief Business Officers & Vice Presidents Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Asheville