INSTITUTIONAL RESEARCH ANALYST
INSTITUTIONAL RESEARCH ANALYST
Posting Number: SRGV4867
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Rio Grande Valley
Department: Strategic Analysis and Institutional Reporting
Scope of Job:
To provide support for institutional and unit program planning through the design and execution of institutional research projects, analysis and reporting. Responsible for generating, gathering and analyzing research data.
Description of Duties:
• Compiles and analyzes data using statistical methodologies and computer software.
• Writes reports to address issues of importance for the university; performs ad-hoc reporting.
• Designs, compiles, and analyzes data using analytical and statistical methods.
• Determines data requirements, data sources and data collection methods.
• Distributes and catalogs electronic copies of annual statistical reports.
• Responds or coordinates responses to questionnaires and surveys received from local, state and federal agencies.
• Provides support for development of University long range plans.
• Writes application programs.
• Ensures integrity of data in all resources and provides guidelines and training that encourages their adoption and use.
• Updates and maintains the integrity of the SAIR data repository for use by the entire department.
• Helps verify and reconcile source data for accuracy and consistency
• Consults with faculty and staff on new and existing projects as needed.
• Assists users in defining data needs and interpreting results of analyses.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Information Systems, Business or related field from an accredited university.
Master’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Information Systems, Business or related field from an accredited university.
Two (2) years of experience in institutional research, planning, statistics, programming, social sciences research or in a closely related field.
Knowledge and experience with ERP system, such as Banner Student Information System and third party tools like WebFOCUS to extract data and create reports. Proficiency required in the use of PC and related office software. Experience with statistical software such as SPSS statistical. Profound knowledge of data organization and modeling for storing, analyzing, and reporting qualitative and quantitate data.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required. UTRGV is a distributed institution, which requires presence at multiple locations throughout the Rio Grande Valley. Work is performed primarily in a general office environment across the Rio Grande Valley.
Must possess excellent writing, communication, public speaking, interpersonal and organizational skills. Knowledge and skill in data extraction, database querying, and report generation. Knowledge of quantitative research methods and statistical analysis.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 01/22/2021
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/27222