Teaching Associate/Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Inpatient/Outpatient - Neurosurgery
The Inpatient/Outpatient Neurological Surgery Advanced Practice Provider (APP) is a member of the interdisciplinary team that includes attending physicians, residents, and fellows providing services to patients/ families and nursing staff providing care to cohort patients across the continuum of care for patients treated in Neurological Surgery. The successful applicant will be responsible for providing services independently and collaboratively with appropriate privileges, including initial and ongoing assessment, diagnosis and treatment of patient’s medical and psychosocial status. This is a Teaching Associate position in the Department of Neurological Surgery.
The anticipated start date for this position is 7/1/21. It is an annually renewed appointment (12 month service period).
Standards of Practice and Performance
- Provides timely patient and family assessment for patients.
- Facilitates the meetings with attending MD and in collaboration with nursing staff.
- Participates in the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of service interventions.
- Collaborates with the attending MD, PCP, and other providers to insure coordination and continuity of care across settings and over time.
- Attends appropriate clinical meetings to serve as a resource for staff and providers.
- Facilitates collaboration with the Outpatient Clinics and Inpatient Services to ensure continuity of care.
- Provides patient and/or family with health education, counseling and referrals to other health professionals and community resources as appropriate.
- Participates as a key member of the interdisciplinary team through the development of collaborative and innovative practices and evaluation of patient care outcomes.
- Evaluates quality outcomes for the Neurological Surgery Service through participation in the development of quality indicators including: Patient Satisfaction, LOS, & time to discharge
Service APP Duties
- The Inpatient/Outpatient Neurological Surgery Service APP
maintains excellent interpersonal skills to execute the UWMC Best
- Establishing a therapeutic relationship by imparting a commitment to care for the patient and family through the acute illness and beyond
- Connecting with the patient and family by eliciting the patient/family perspective and validating the value of that perspective using strong empathetic listening skills
- Communicating a sense of caring and openness
- The Inpatient/Outpatient APP provides clinical support in all
the domains of the inpatient/outpatient management.
- Patient/family/provider communication about disease and treatment and how it relates to patient values, priorities, and goals of care across the spectrum of care.
- Participates on the service Mon-Friday hours TBA.
- The Inpatient /Outpatient APP collaborates with the primary
team, other members of the service, and nursing
- Makes individualized recommendations
- Contributes to the plan of care and communicate the plan to the care team, patients, and families
- Promotes a collaborative approach to decision making through interdisciplinary collaborative rounds
- Ensures appropriate and timely hand-off of patient care
- The Inpatient/Outpatient APP educates UW School of Medicine students, School of Nursing and PA Program students, and UWMC staff, on all aspects of the care of Neurosurgical patients
- The Inpatient/Outpatient APP assists in program
development, develops innovative policies, protocols, and
procedures using an evidence based approach to improve quality,
safety, and value of services
- Participates with colleagues throughout UW Medicine and the community on service protocol development
- Participates with UWMC colleagues on program development for specific populations
- Participates with interagency colleagues on services program development across inpatient, outpatient, and community agencies
- Current and valid state Registered Nurse Licensure and APP Licensure
- Graduate Degree from an accredited Nurse Practitioner Program or PA-C Program. Nationally certified APP with DEA
- Proven excellence working in a interdisciplinary collaborative team environment
- Effective interpersonal skills, leadership skills, and clinical expertise in the care of patients with neurosurgical conditions requiring inpatient services.
- Training and experience in neurological surgery is preferred
- ACLS Certification
Please submit a CV and Cover Letter for review.
For more information, please contact Katrina Kovac at email@example.com.Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
University of Washington is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or protected veteran status.
Commitment to Diversity
The University of Washington is committed to building diversity among its faculty, librarian, staff, and student communities, and articulates that commitment in the UW Diversity Blueprint (http://www.washington.edu/diversity/diversity-blueprint/). Additionally, the University’s Faculty Code recognizes faculty efforts in research, teaching and/or service that address diversity and equal opportunity as important contributions to a faculty member’s academic profile and responsibilities (https://www.washington.edu/admin/rules/policies/FCG/FCCH24.html#2432).
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Seattle
- Health & Medicine Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Seattle
- Medicine Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Seattle
- Surgery Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Seattle