Assistant Professor Of Nursing
Nursing faculty develop and implement curricula in order to prepare students adequately for the challenges presented within all aspects of the nursing field. In order to keep up with the current needs of nursing, faculty revise their courses where and when necessary. Like nurses, faculty often specialize, teaching the areas in which they have the most experience, such as pediatrics, mental health or acute care.
The duties of a full-time nursing faculty are many and varied. In addition to teaching a full load of courses each semester, they supervise and advise students, conduct clinical research and present scholarly work at nursing conferences. They will serve on committees at the department, division and College levels.
- Graduate degree with a major in nursing.
- Holds a valid, unencumbered license to practice professional nursing in the state of Wisconsin.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant clinical experience to the area of teaching.
- Knowledge of teaching-learning principles.
- Effective written and verbal communication abilities.
- Evidence of innovation in nursing education.
Expectations of the Position:
- Attending New Faculty orientation at its next iteration.
- Teach a full load of courses during each semester.
- Utilize evidence-based teaching practices in support of teaching excellence.
- Follow the policies and procedures delineated in the Department of Nursing Faculty Handbook.
- Participate in department, division, and College-wide meetings and professional development offerings.
- Advising and mentoring students.
- Maintain regular office hours or availability for meeting with staff and students.
- Attending and promoting Department of Nursing functions.
- Compliance with the College’s academic policies and Faculty Handbook.
- Pursuit of scholarly interests as schedule allows.
How to Apply:
Applications will be accepted from 12/1/20-1/31/2021. All applicants should submit a cover letter to include teaching philosophy and plan to create an inclusive classroom environment, resume, curriculum vitae, and three professional references to the “Resume Upload” section of the application. Additional questions can be directed to Patricia Flannery DNP, RN, CNE, CEN, Interim Director of Nursing, firstname.lastname@example.org.