Department Chair, Music
Experienced instructor for music specialty majors in their preparation to pursue careers in music; ability to perform additional departmental administrative duties supervising and coordinating other music faculty.
Director of Curriculum & instruction
- Designs, reviews and updates specialty curriculum.
- Leads, supervises, evaluates all specialty faculty, including adjuncts
- Organizes and coordinates music department class schedule, performances, and other events
- Serves on committees and task groups as assigned by the Executive Director and Director of Curriculum & Instruction including Leadership & Chair groups
- Develops annual budget and approves expenditures
- Coordinates and oversees numerous departmental events including but not limited to applications, auditions, faculty recital, outreach and in-reach events, open house, fundraiser
- Responsible for teaching a full teaching schedule like all full-time faculty including applied music, and other required courses for Music majors.
- Performs departmental administrative duties supervising and coordinating other music faculty
- Collaborate with faculty for a multi-disciplined, dynamic, student-centered approach
- Understands use of music pedagogy and assessment practices for young artists
- Exhibits positive human relation skills and communicates with parents/guardians, colleagues, and community groups
- Exhibits excellent interpersonal skills in communicating with faculty and students
- Participates in the daily operation of the music department
- Assist students in college advisement and preparation for admittance into conservatories, college programs and performing arts careers
- Actively recruits students for the music program, speak publicly to various audiences as an ambassador for the school, and is willing to recruit at conferences and events outside of ASFA and/or outside of the city/state
- Likes working with middle school and high school age students
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior to achieve a nurturing learning atmosphere
- Utilizes and communicates with internal technology such as, e-mail, web content/ document management systems, grade reporting, etc.
- Embraces new and emerging technologies and is willing to become proficient.
- Works with all other instructors to facilitate flexible test dates and class attendance to benefit students
- Is a team player and willing to follow a prescribed departmental curriculum
- Engages in personal professional growth and demonstrates professional ethics and leadership
- Attends and provides adult leadership and support for school performances and other school and student functions (e.g. specialty productions, concerts, student retreats, school dances, student council, prom, graduation, audition interviews, etc.
- Masters in Music; record of successful teaching in Music in secondary education. Area of expertise in instrumental instruction, strings preferred, not required.
- Experience conducting an orchestra (preferred, not required) and teaching Chamber music
- Demonstrated vision for specialty curriculum development and implementation, reflecting knowledge of current standards
- Experience working with young students of varying skill levels and diverse backgrounds is preferred
- Candidates with a secondary area of expertise are preferred
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Executive Director may find appropriate and acceptable
Apply for Department Chair, Music
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Birmingham
- Arts Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Birmingham
- Music Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Birmingham
- Education Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Birmingham
- Education Administration & Leadership Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Birmingham