Associate Director of Curricular Assessment
Associate Director of Curricular Assessment
The George Mason University Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Planning invites highly qualified candidates to apply for the position of Associate Director of Curricular Assessment. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
About the Position:
The Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Planning (OIEP) is seeking an Associate Director to coordinate and manage Mason’s efforts to assess student learning within the Mason Core; and provide guidance, consultation, and support to faculty, administrators and senior leadership in the evaluation of undergraduate curriculum programs and initiatives. The Associate Director will work collaboratively to align assessment of these undergraduate programs with the broad OIEP portfolio of program, administrative and co-curricular assessment, building connections and enabling a wholistic process. This work requires creativity to envision new tools, methods, facility with data analytics; excellent communication skills; and the ability to partner effectively with offices and teams across campus including, but not limited to, Mason Core Committee, Undergraduate Council, QEP Leadership, etc.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Institutional Effectiveness, the Associate Director will:
- Manage assessment processes related to Mason Core, Mason’s general education program, including providing consultation, guidance and support to the broad array of university stakeholders from instructors to administrators;
- Champion the use of both qualitative and quantitative data and information to improve quality, effectiveness and, ultimately, student success;
- Provide support and guidance to faculty and staff across the institution by conducting individual and group consultations, and developing / delivering regular assessment trainings and workshops;
- Monitor and ensure timely completion of all annual assessment activities;
- Administer, maintain, and provide training for software solutions used to document and facilitate assessment and continuous improvement;
- Serve as a key resource to the institution regarding appropriate use of annual assessment data particularly related to Mason Core;
- Assist in the development of direct and in-direct assessment methodologies;
- Support the analytical needs of assessment by creating quantitative and qualitative analyses appropriate to the question(s) at hand;
- Complete, update, and disseminate annual assessment performance reports including mandatory reporting to SCHEV;
- Work collaboratively to align student learning and program outcomes across academic programs.
- Master’s Degree;
- Two or more years of experience in the design and/or implementation of student learning assessment initiatives;
- Proven experience implementing best practices in student learning assessment;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collegially with academic faculty and administrative staff;
- Expertise with assessment management software and tools, statistical analysis software, and survey development tools;
- Demonstrated ability to balance and prioritize responsibilities and manage multiple projects;
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Terminal degree;
- Two or more years of higher education teaching experience;
- Experience working with faculty on student learning outcomes assessment, facilitating workshops on learning or assessment topics, and supporting higher education accreditation processes;
- Experience with Academic Program Review and/or General Education programs;
- Experience participating in or assessing high impact practices, including undergraduate research or civic engagement.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For full consideration, applicants must apply to position number FA66AZ at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Fairfax
- Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Fairfax
- Accreditation Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Fairfax
- Curriculum & Instructional Development Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Fairfax