Assistant/Associate Professor of Educational Administration and Leadership
Teach graduate level courses, recruit and advise students; assist students with program design and planning; serve on and lead student doctoral and licensure committees; participate in meetings, planning, and assessment as needed, collaborate with school district personnel and with other university faculty; serve in program level leadership, develop and implement a scholarly research agenda, fulfill duties and responsibilities associated with a probationary/tenure track position in the Educational Administration and Leadership Program.
To learn more about the school and department
The successful candidate is expected to establish and maintain a professional goal to become an outstanding teacher-scholar through the use of research-based, best-practices pedagogy. They are expected to teach using both in-person and alternative delivery methods such as online and hybrid. They will regularly engage in ongoing professional development and innovation opportunities focused on pedagogical growth.
The successful candidate will share St. Cloud State’s commitment to our mission, and in particular, the value we place in diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) as outlined in SCSU’s It’s Time strategic framework. Notably, we uphold the advancement of diversity, equity, and inclusion and engage in intentional actions to address systemic inequities throughout the university and surrounding environment. DEI values, practices, and strategies are embedded into the fabric of our institution and campus community, and they align with the priorities expressed in the Minnesota State system’s Equity 2030 initiative. SCSU expects all of its employees to help advance these practices and to contribute to the development of an anti-racist, inclusive community.
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found here.
In order to be considered for tenure, the successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to: 1) teach and/or perform assignments effectively; 2) conduct scholarly research and/or engage in creative works; 3) continue preparation and study in their discipline; 4) contribute to student growth and development; and 5) provide service to the university and community. (IFO Article 22, Section B)
- Earned doctorate in Educational Administration/Leadership or related field.
- Documented successful administrative experience in PreK-12 public school settings.
- Current Minnesota Administrative licensure or the ability to be licensed.
- Extensive knowledge of or experience in successfully working with students in obtaining administrative licensure.
- Evidence of successful college and graduate level teaching and advising experience.
- Evidence of scholarly activity in the field, or potential for development of a research agenda.
- Evidence of demonstrated ability to teach and work with persons from minoritized, historically marginalized groups, and culturally diverse groups.
- Evidence of recent successful work in public school settings
- Evidence of active engagement in professional educational organizations
- Evidence of collaboration/interaction with schools and districts.
- Evidence in leading student doctoral, Masters, or licensure student committees
- Evidence of successful engagement in university, college, or school committees
- Demonstrated ability to teach and work with persons from diverse backgrounds including multilingual learners.
- Experience in developing and teaching online/virtual/hybrid courses.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
St. Cloud State University is committed to excellence and actively supports cultural diversity. To promote this endeavor, we invite individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply, including minorities, women, LGBT, persons with disabilities and veterans. St. Cloud State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, marital status, status with regards to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or status as a U.S. veteran. The Interim Title IX coordinator at St. Cloud State University is Judith Siminoe. For additional information, contact the Office of Institutional Equity & Access, (320) 308-5123, Admin. Services Bldg. Rm 121
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Augusta
- Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Augusta
- Education Administration & Leadership Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Augusta
- Other Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Augusta