Assistant Professor of Music, Music Education/Voice
St. Cloud State University Department of Music announces an opening for a full-time tenure track appointment in Music Education/Voice, beginning August 17, 2021.
The successful candidate will teach undergraduate courses in music education; applied voice; and vocal ensembles; supervise student teachers (dependent on candidate qualifications); advise students; and contribute to scholarly research, creative achievement and professional leadership in the field.
To learn more about the school and department:
The Department of Music prepares students for careers in music and offers diverse musical experiences to all, enriching the musical fabric of our university and community, regionally and globally.
We accomplish this through a nationally accredited curriculum that emphasizes creativity, individual student learning and vibrant performance opportunities fostered by highly experienced and accessible faculty.
We believe music is a vital human experience. We have the highest expectations of students and faculty and are committed to their growth and development. Our programs are founded in artistry and scholarship and prepare students for the future. These values ensure that music will be performed, created, studied and taught with excellence.
Department Music Teaching Program Link: Music Teaching
The successful candidate is expected to establish and maintain a professional goal to become an outstanding teacher-scholar through the use of research-based, best-practices pedagogy. They are expected to teach using both in-person and alternative delivery methods such as online and hybrid. They will regularly engage in ongoing professional development and innovation opportunities focused on pedagogical growth.
The successful candidate will share St. Cloud State’s commitment to our mission, and in particular, the value we place in diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) as outlined in SCSU’s It’s Time strategic framework. Notably, we uphold the advancement of diversity, equity, and inclusion and engage in intentional actions to address systemic inequities throughout the university and surrounding environment. DEI values, practices, and strategies are embedded into the fabric of our institution and campus community, and they align with the priorities expressed in the Minnesota State system’s Equity 2030 initiative. SCSU expects all of its employees to help advance these practices and to contribute to the development of an anti-racist, inclusive community.
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found here.
In order to be considered for tenure, the successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to: 1) teach and/or perform assignment effectively; 2) conduct scholarly achievement or research; 3) continue preparation and study in discipline; 4) contribute to student growth and development; and 5) provide service to the university and community. (IFO Article 22, Section B)
- Doctorate in music, music performance, music education or closely related field. ABD considered; doctorate must be completed on or before start date of employment.
- At least 4 years of experience teaching music in the K-12 school system.
- Demonstrated success in leading vocal ensembles.
- Demonstrated success implementing vocal music education and pedagogical techniques.\
- Demonstrated leadership in curriculum and program development, assessment, and continuous improvement.
- Evidence of demonstrated ability to teach and work with persons from culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated success in building and maintaining a private voice studio.
- Specialization in one or more of the following contemporary music education areas: contemporary vocal ensembles, Orff or Kodaly instruction, vocal pedagogy, culturally responsive pedagogy, popular music pedagogy.
- Demonstrated success in delivering remote/online instruction and application of current music technologies.
- Demonstrated success in building relationships with local teachers and school districts.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
St. Cloud State University is committed to excellence and actively supports cultural diversity. To promote this endeavor, we invite individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply, including minorities, women, LGBT, persons with disabilities and veterans. St. Cloud State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, marital status, status with regards to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or status as a U.S. veteran. The Interim Title IX coordinator at St. Cloud State University is Judith Siminoe. For additional information, contact the Office of Institutional Equity & Access, (320) 308-5123, Admin. Services Bldg. Rm 121
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Augusta
- Arts Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Augusta
- Music Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Augusta
- Other Arts Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Augusta