Instructor (Chang Lab)
The Chang Lab specializes on identifying activities selectively controlled by a given RAS protein. Research is focused on signal transduction medicated by RAS GTPases and their effect on controlling cell growth and tumor formation. The long-term goal of the laboratory is to translate laboratory findings into therapeutic strategies to treat RAS-driven cancers. The Chang lab in the Breast Center at Baylor College of Medicine is seeking an Instructor to be part of a team that is using a combination of genetic and molecular approaches to study growth regulation in cancer.
- Prepares and conducts laboratory research experiments.
- Collects, compiles and analyzes data
- Conducts literature searches and summarizes information in an appropriate format for a particular study.
- Documents results of experiments.
- Selects, evaluates and applies techniques used in routine research.
- Seek external funding via grants applications/submissions.
- Engage in teaching graduate or medical students
- Involve in departmental committee duties
- Train and supervises less experienced research staff such as graduate students and postdocs.
- **Prior experiences in tissue culture and basic molecular biology techniques (e.g., PCR, DNA purification, Western blot, ... etc) are required.
- Will assist in annual budget preparation and work with the grants admin team for forecasting expenditures relating to equipment maintenance & replacement, new recruits, and sequencing analyses.
- Selects and determines appropriate research procedures.
- Oversees the maintenance of lab equipment, inventory, and environment.
- May be asked for input regarding new graduate students being recruited into the lab. (interview/filtering, etc)
Cancer research preferred
Education: Doctoral degree in a biomedical science.
Experience: 3-5 years training as a postdoctoral fellow or its equivalent with publications in high impact journals.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston