Information Center Assistant
Information Center Assistant
Multiple Campus Locations, Multiple Campus Locations
Farmersville, Texas, 75442
We are searching for an experienced Information Center Assistant .
Receive callers (in person and over the telephone), determine nature of inquiry and direct callers to appropriate destination. Operate PBX telephone console. Change telephone messages during holidays, extra school closing or when appropriate. Maintain an accurate list of all essential office, lab, and testing center hours. Respond to emergency situations by reporting information and making appropriate contacts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive callers (in person and over the telephone), determine nature of inquiry and direct callers to appropriate destination.
- Operate PBX telephone console.
- Respond to customer inquiries in a friendly and professional manner.
- May be responsible for maintaining appropriate phone message in switchboard voicemail at all times.
- Change messages during holidays, extra school closings or when appropriate.
- Maintain accurate phone list of staff and faculty.
- Respond to emergency situations by reporting information and making appropriate contacts.
- Maintain confidentiality of student records in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.
- Maintain an accurate list of all lab hours, testing center hours, and other office hours for reference by all Information Center staff.
- Research and assimilate information concerning current and on-going district functions and operations in order to provide accurate and timely information to all visitors.
- Maintain current knowledge of services available at all district sites in order to make appropriate and timely referrals.
- May assimilate and document mailing requests, process labels and affix to appropriate material (catalogs, schedules, envelopes). Assist with Recruitment and Retention bulk mailing projects.
- Maintain an inventory of current brochures, catalogs, schedules, and other promotional materials.
- Disseminate admissions and registration material and information to registering students.
- Perform essential functions accurately while under time pressure and deadlines, while maintaining professionalism with customers and cooperation with co-workers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
High School Diploma and one (1) year of experience required. Two (2) years of experience, preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of FERPA
- Knowledge of proper phone etiquette
- Knowledge of how various departments operate
- Excellent communication skills
- Researching skills
- Interpersonal relations
- Ability to act in emergency situations
- Ability to properly transfer caller to the correct party
- Ability to maintain a list of hours for each department throughout the campus during the different semesters/breaks
- Ability to read, interpret and follow instructions
- Ability to answer or direct students' questions
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly having to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for the Sedentary Work category and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated Light Work. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, plus stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Occasional physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $30,535.00 - 35,115.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.