Nursing - Academic Coordinator
To create a Posting, first complete the information on this screen, then click the 'Next' button or select the page in the left hand navigation menu. Proceed through all sections completing all necessary information. To submit the Posting to Human Resources, you must go to the 'Posting Summary Page' by clicking on the 'Next' button until you reach the Posting Summary Page or select Posting Summary Page from the left navigation menu. Once a summary page appears, hover your mouse over the orange Action button for a list of possible approval step options.
Working Title Nursing - Academic Coordinator Department School of Nursing Compensation Title Position Number 30000019 and 30001805 Position Status Regular Work Schedule
37.5 Hour Work Week
8:15 am – 4:30 pm M-F
Hours per Week 37.5 Months per Year 12 Commitment to Inclusive Excellence
Northern Kentucky University embraces inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of our work and seek excellence through diversity among our students, administrators, faculty, and staff. Application by members of diverse groups is encouraged.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution.
Purpose of Position
This position will be part of a team that provides overall administrative support to the School of Nursing including hiring of new faculty, processing payroll documents, financial management, bill pay, and reporting functions.
The dramatic growth in the College of Health and Human Services, especially in the accelerated online programs, is driving the need to scale the college infrastructure to meet the academic demands accompanying this growth. This position is a vital component to making the College of Health and Human Services and the School of Nursing operate efficiently and effectively.
Provide overall support to the Graduate Nursing Program and Administrative team in the School of Nursing.
Responsibility for general school financial management functions, including grants.
Involvement with school hiring, paying departmental bills, PAR processing, travel, reconciliation of departmental credit cards, and time administration.
Tracking of current budget and forecasting for the future, including financial reconciliation.
Oversight of confidential records and correspondence for School Director and faculty
Compiling and maintaining of data for reporting and accreditation purposes to internal and external agencies.
Administrative support of new hire process, faculty credentialing, and personnel documentation/processes:
• Responsible for processing confidential pay & personnel ( PARS, etc.) related paperwork, as well as new hire and separation documentation
• Responsible for maintaining faculty data & credentialing materials in Digital Measures.
• Oversight of confidential school, student, and faculty files.
• Responsible for running Labor Distribution Reports & validating that all part-time faculty are paid accurately.
• Administrative support of financial management, bill pay, and reporting functions.
Responsible for general financial management functions, including university, grant and foundation accounts.
• Responsible for processing travel requests, expense reports, purchasing supplies, reconciling ProCards, and time administration. Ensures that all NKU guidelines are met.
• Responsible for bill payment, purchase requisitions, budget transfers, revenue transfers, vendor setup, reconciliation of accounts, and other financial administration related duties for the School of Nursing.
• Responsible for School of Nursing Reporting (Financial, SAP, Business Warehouse, labor distribution, etc.). Become proficient in SAP and CHHS Systems.
• Oversight of departmental inventory
• Oversight of the Preceptor Payment Works process in partnership with the Preceptor Coordinator
• Provide assistance with the graduate and employer surveys
Bachelor’s degree plus two years of related experience required.
Understanding of budgeting and financial processes
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, problem-solving skills, trustworthiness and the ability to multi-task. This position requires a high level of independence, initiative and ownership.
Advanced understanding of basic Microsoft Office Systems, databases and financial systems.
Any candidate offered this position is required to go through a pre-employment criminal background check as mandated by state law.
Northern Kentucky University is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution. We embrace inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of our work and seek excellence through diversity among our students, administrators, faculty, and staff. Application by members of diverse groups is encouraged.
Minimum Education Bachelor's Degree Preferred Education Bachelor's Degree Minimum Experience 2 years Salary $16.55/hr Minimum Pay Grade S68
Requisition Number 2021S1306 Job Open Date 01/12/2021 Job Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Quick Link https://jobs.nku.edu/postings/9919 Is this an internal only posting? Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your highest level of education?
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree or higher
- * Describe your experience working in a fast-paced environment
with multiple directors and deadlines.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe your overall computer knowledge and what
software you are comfortable using.
(Open Ended Question)
- * What are your strengths/achievements/additional
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application