Dean of Instruction - General Studies
Work Site Location: Coeur d' Alene Campus
The Dean of Instruction - General Studies reports directly to the Vice President for Instruction and leads assigned areas for teaching and learning to successfully fulfill the college mission. Specific areas of responsibility include general education offerings, transfer programs, and other units that are integral to student success and educational excellence. The dean collaborates with colleagues from across the college to achieve strategic goals through effective management of human, financial, and material resources and serves in varied roles to advance intra and inter institutional priorities. The dean contributes to designated state-level committees and initiatives and represents the college in other forums as assigned. Adaptability, creativity, and the capacity to innovate are critical for the dean’s success.
This list includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Guides program and curriculum development and advances outcomes assessment for assigned divisions and departments.
- Supervises, coaches, and evaluates all direct reports, including support staff.
- Manages divisional/departmental responsibilities for course scheduling and faculty loads across assigned units.
- Leads the budgeting process and strategically manages overall budget utilization for assigned divisions.
- Oversees planning and delivery through the departmental and divisional leads for course and program offerings throughout the service area.
- Contributes to the development, implementation, and assessment of strategic goals, objectives and action plans related to instruction
- Manages articulation agreements with secondary and post-secondary partners and develops relationships with NIC’s education partners in relation to the College’s mission.
- Addresses through established policy and procedure complaints related to assigned instructional programs.
- Fosters effective working relationships between and among all assigned units and other campus offices and personnel.
- Contributes to the development and revision of policy, procedure, guidelines, and related resources for the operational and governance needs of the college.
- Promotes professional ethics, cooperation, and effective relations among faculty and staff.
- Promotes diversity, understanding, and respect for all peoples and cultures.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the philosophy and mission of a comprehensive community college.
- Maintains a positive, helpful, and constructive work relationship with supervisor, peers, faculty, college staff, students, and the community.
- Sets annual goals, assesses accomplishment of them, and strives to improve performance through an active practice of professional development.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Vice President for Instruction and by executive leadership.
Education and Experience : Master's degree from an accredited college or university is required. A minimum of five years full-time equivalent college teaching experience required. A minimum of five years full-time equivalent supervisory and administrative experience that demonstrates effective leadership and communication ability in higher education is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of college functions, including instruction and student services
• Strong knowledge of budgeting practices
• Strong supervisory skills.
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
• Strong team leadership skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Proficient skills using Microsoft Office applications
• Ability to operate standard office equipment including phone, copier
All application materials must be upload and the application completed prior to the close date
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background check
Advertised: 22 Jan 2021 Pacific Standard Time
Applications close: 05 Mar 2021 11:55 PM Pacific Standard Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene