Instructor/Assistant Professor, Electronics Technology
Posting Number F00098P Quick Link for Position https://jobs.uafs.edu/postings/1715 Working Title Instructor/Assistant Professor, Electronics Technology Position Number 21-10-0033 Department Electronics Technology About the University
For more than 6,000 students each semester, the University of Arkansas – Fort Smith offers a dynamic and diverse learning community with a student-centered approach focused on the success of the individual. Small class sizes combine with innovative, hands-on learning and research experiences alongside expert faculty to ensure students receive a future-focused education at the most affordable tuition rate in the state. The university has undergone significant changes since its founding in 1928 and now offers 51 bachelor’s and associate degrees, two master’s degrees, and 36 certificate programs, all aimed at preparing students for success in the global workforce. UAFS is one of 21 academic institutions and affiliates governed by the University of Arkansas System.
The second-largest city in the state, Fort Smith is located on the Arkansas-Oklahoma border in the heart of the Arkansas River Valley. Established in 1817 as a frontier military post, Fort Smith is now a vibrant and growing city featuring a variety of cultural activities and entertainment options, including a thriving downtown arts and entertainment district. Outdoors enthusiasts will appreciate the Natural State’s plentiful trails, mountains, forests, parks, and waterways, both within city limits and throughout the surrounding area. The city is also within easy driving distance of Tulsa, Kansas City, Dallas, Oklahoma City, Little Rock, and Memphis.
The UAFS campus is comprised of 77 buildings and facilities located on 170 beautifully manicured acres and crowned with the Donald W. Reynolds Campus Plaza, Tower, and Campus Green. Students who choose to live on campus may do so in one of two residence hall complexes, complete with a full-service dining center, or the on-campus apartment complex for married students and upperclassmen. Campus involvement is encouraged by participation in more than 100 registered student organizations, which includes academic societies, a dynamic Greek life system, intramural sports, and cultural/special interest groups. The UAFS Lions compete in NCAA Division II Lonestar Conference in men’s baseball, women’s volleyball, and men’s and women’s basketball, golf, cross country, and tennis.
About the College / Department Position Summary
Works under general supervision in a team oriented setting and is responsible for teaching courses and laboratories in the electronics technology department; staying relevant in the electronics field; advising students; and serving as a representative of the college and university within the faculty governance system and greater UAFS community. This position is governed by the established standards of the University of Arkansas System, and reports to the Associate Dean of the College of Applied Science and Technology.
Summary of Job Duties
• Teach electronical engineering technology curriculum courses and corresponding laboratories in order to retain and graduate students.
• Student placement and advising.
• Assist in determining local industrial and business community needs, and develop the program and courses to satisfy those needs.
• Develop and maintain productive relationships with area school districts, business, and industry.
• Participate in professional development in related area.
• Assist in planning and implementing student recruitment programs.
• Aid in securing adjunct faculty.
• Serve on College, University and/or service committees.
• Promote and participate in the Skills USA organization, BEST Robotics and/or other electronics technology student organizations.
• Responsible for maintaining a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner to foster teamwork. Requires consistent on-time attendance.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum qualifications include a master’s degree (doctorate preferred) in electrical/electronic engineering, or related field.
• Two years of related experience.
• One year of teaching experience.
• Other job-related education and/or experience may be substituted for part of these requirements.
Please ensure that all relevant application materials include details addressing the minimum qualifications. Applicants not meeting the minimum qualifications will be disqualified from consideration.
License(s)/Certifications Preferred Qualifications
• Doctorate in electrical/electronic engineering field.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
To perform the job successfully, the following competencies are required for the essential functions of this position:
• Current knowledge of electronics technology and applications in area of expertise.
• Ability to work with students on multiple levels of education and experience.
• Knowledge of and the ability to use technology in the classroom.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Superior interpersonal skills.
Special Job Dimensions
Some travel will be required to local businesses and industries. Additional time will be required to participate in related student organizations. Delivery of classes may require some evening or weekend work. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly exhibits digital dexterity when entering data into computer. Required abilities include walking, standing, and sitting for extended periods. Visual demands include close, relatively detailed vision when focusing on a computer screen. Employee regularly talks and hears. Employee occasionally lifts items up to 10 pounds. This is a 9-month position.
This is a 9-month position.
Salary Salary and rank commensurate with education and experience. Benefits
Competitive benefits package.
Background Check / Pre-Employment Screening
This position may be subject to a pre-employment criminal background check, sex offender registry check, financial history background check, and/or drug screening. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication and/or adverse financial history alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background checks and drug screening information will be used in a confidential, non- discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Does this position require a background check? Criminal Background Check and Motor Vehicle Registry (MVR) Check. Position requires employee complete Arkansas Mandated Reporter training prior to employment.
Open Date 01/22/2021 Close Date 02/28/2021 Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants Anticipated start date 08/01/2021 EEO Statement
The University of Arkansas – Fort Smith is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, dedicated to attracting and supporting diverse student, faculty, and staff populations. The University welcomes applications without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
UA Fort Smith provides equal employment, admission, and educational opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, or gender identify. The University abides by all applicable employment laws.
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, the University is committed to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees with regard to recruitment, hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, training, fringe benefits and all other aspects of employment.
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial College Transcripts
- Curriculum Vitae
- Additional Document
- Proof of Veteran Status
- Unofficial College Transcripts - Additional 1
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you understand that failure to complete the Employment
History section of the application will result in automatic
- * Did you complete the Employment History section of the
- * Do you understand that failure to upload your unofficial
transcript(s) may result in an incomplete application packet?
- * Did you upload your unofficial transcript(s)?
- * Have you ever been fired or asked to resign from a job?
- If yes, please describe.
(Open Ended Question)
- * How did you learn of this employment opportunity?
(Open Ended Question)
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Smith
- Humanities Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Smith
- History Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Smith
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Smith
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Smith