Associate Professor in Linguistics for English Department
The Department of English Language and Literature in the College of Arts & Sciences at Gulf University for Science & Technology (GUST) seeks candidates for an Associate Professor position to teach courses in Linguistics. The successful candidate will teach introductory-level courses in Linguistics, as well as upper-level undergraduate courses in the area of specialization and related fields. The College seeks excellence in instruction. In addition to teaching and service, faculty are expected to maintain an increasingly significant professional and/or scholarly practice. Applications will be considered on a continuous basis until the position is filled. Although preference will be given to candidates who qualify for appointment at the rank of Associate Professor, those who qualify for appointment at higher or lower ranks are also encouraged to apply.
Qualified candidates will:
- Possess a Ph.D. in Linguistics with evidence of credential and experience.
- Provide evidence of continuous professional activity including publications in academic journals and participation in relevant conferences.
- Use technology in all aspects of his/her teaching and possess experience using a variety of online platforms and tools in his/her teaching.
- Implement current teaching and assessment of student learning practice.
- Possess the ability to collaborate on an instructional team and on faculty committees.
- Prioritize and foster a successful learning environment for all students.