Job ID: 223468
Location: Statesboro, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
0370401 - Procurement & Logistical Srvcs
Assist the Procurement office in oversight of the Institution's purchasing functions in compliance with the Department of Administrative Services (D.O.A.S.) - State of Georgia Procurement Manual, the O.C.G.A., and the Board of Regents University Systems of Georgia rules and guidelines for State Purchasing, and University policy.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Provide assistance to Auditors from the State Accounting Office, D.O.A.S., Georgia Department of Audits and Accounts, University Systems of Georgia, and Georgia Southern University, when necessary
- Assist in development of University and departmental policies and procedures
- Assist in interview process for new hires
- Provide training and professional development opportunities for the University, including internal department
- Obtain State-issued Georgia Certified Purchasing Associate certification (G.C.P.A.), Request for Proposal certification, and the Georgia Certified Purchasing Manager certification (G.C.P.M) and maintain these certifications by meeting the State Requirement continuing education units (ceu's) in the mandated time frame.
- Oversee every Agency Contract from Award to Close Out.
- Monitor overall spend and supplier performance.
- Conduct contract resolution meetings with suppliers and departments
- Process purchase orders, including reviewing quotes, terms and conditions, as needed
- Expedite and reconcile purchase orders, perform internal auditing
- Attend meetings to include pre-bid conferences, progress meetings, conflict resolutions, site visits and contract kick-off meetings
- Oversee and perform the contract renewal/rebid process meeting all deadlines
- Maintain the contract files including purchase orders, renewal documents and correspondence
- Resolve issues with fulfillment of orders, invoicing, and/or returns
- Associate degree or equivalent vocational/technical training
Other Required Qualifications
- Georgia Certified Purchasing Associate certification (obtain certification within first 12 months of employment, if not certified)
- Three or more years of related work experience
Preferred Educational Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree
$40,200 - $40,566
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Navigate web access and email with or without reasonable accommodation
- Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific position
- Ability to obtain and maintain current required certifications
- Ability to operate University vehicle
- Proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office Applications software including Word, Excel, spreadsheets, and databases; ability to manipulate data in reports
- Ability to lead and work independently as well as in a team
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
- Knowledge of advanced level purchasing practices and procedures
- Knowledge of University and D.O.A.S. policies and procedures
- Knowledge of various products and sourcing services
- Demonstrate commitment to inclusiveness by working well with diverse populations
- Use effective communication and human relations skills
- Demonstrate appropriate organizational skills as required for specific position
Apply Before Date
February 12, 2021
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or email@example.com.
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicant for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the America with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work is generally performed in a fast paced office environment
- Most of the job tasks are performed while seated and looking at a computer screen
- Travel required
- Long periods of sitting at desk
- Enter repetitive data entry
Standard and Education
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=223468&PostingSeq=1