University of Idaho
Division/College: University Foundation
Employee Category: Exempt
Pay Range: $60,464 per year or higher depending on education and experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Foundation Accounting Manager is responsible for contributing to the Foundation team effort to accept, manage, and distribute private support for the University of Idaho. This individual will work with the Director of Finance and complete the detailed aspects of the accounting and finance operations of the Foundation with the assistance of an Accountant or Accounting Intern. The manager will perform the day-to-day accounting operations, including reviewing or preparing the financial statements, investment reports, gift reconciliations, budgets, and tax returns including the detailed journal entries, support, and data collection for such reporting. The Accounting Manager will work with the ERP accounting system and implement system efficiencies to streamline and/or automate existing processes working closely with the IT team and outside data providers. The Manager will mentor, train, and provide guidance to the Accountant and coordinate with other teams.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
• At least four years of related work experience
• Experience using accounting systems, software packages, or databases
• Experience analyzing and interpreting financial results and recommending action
• Experience performing detailed accounting tasks
• University or Foundation experience
• Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, IT, or Data Analytics
• Audit Experience
• Experience performing multiple roles within the accounting/finance function
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP002649P
Posting Date: 11/18/2020
Open Until Filled: Yes
To receive first consideration, please submit application materials no later than December 31, 2020.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.