Marist College invites applications for the position of Application Administrator in the IT Department. The Application Administrator will lead the ongoing development, support and integration of our Salesforce products and other ancillary systems, including the student health EMR (Medicat). The Application Administrator will be responsible for executing on the day-to-day configuration, support, maintenance and improvement of our Salesforce products as well as all other College ancillary systems.
A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems and/or six years’ experience in the information technology field. Ideal candidate should have a proven record of success in improving processes using the Salesforce.com platform and other ancillary systems.
Ability to work in rapidly changing technological and team-oriented environment is essential. Excellent customer service and communication skills a must.
- Serve as primary system administrator for all third-party application environments
- Handle all basic administrative functions including user account maintenance, reports and dashboards, workflows and other routine tasks
- Complete regular internal system audits and prepare for upgrades
- Working collaboratively with ERP programmers, manage data feeds and other integrations
- Coordinate the evaluation, scope and completion of new development requests
- Work with our institutional management team to establish suitable processes to support administrative, development, and change management activities
- Assist in training of new users
- Work independently with members of the user community to define and document development requirements
- Report regularly to senior management on Key Performance Indicators and strategic progress
- On-call responsibilities
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Experience in higher education strongly preferred.
About the Department
As a leader in educational applications of technology, Information Technology (IT) offers students, faculty, and staff access to advanced technologies to help promote a strong sense of community. A distinguishing feature of the Marist education is the manner in which information technology is used in support of teaching, learning, and scholarship. This environment creates a strong applied research culture and includes Marist students as young paraprofessionals, which makes Marist unique within higher education.
Marist IT staff come from diverse career and educational backgrounds. Our community of technologists collaborate to support a commitment to excellence with 80 staff members within 15 departments, more than 200 student paraprofessionals, and a 24/7/365 operation. Effort, talent, and commitment are rewarded and recognized within the division both internally by leadership, and externally through numerous industry accolades and awards. No two days are ever the same while working in IT. With our focus on open-source technology and innovation, we are committed to finding more effective and practical ways to use technology to meet institutional goals.
We are looking for excellence, attention to detail, strong ownership of one’s work, and exceptional problem solving and project management skills. If you are a critical thinker with the ability to solve problems independently and as part of a hard-working team, we welcome your application for the Applications Administrator position.
Located on the banks of the historic Hudson River and at its Florence, Italy campus, Marist College is a comprehensive, independent institution grounded in the liberal arts. Its mission is to “help students develop the intellect, character, and skills required for enlightened, ethical, and productive lives in the global community of the 21st century.” Marist is consistently recognized for excellence by The Princeton Review (Colleges That Create Futures and The Best 385 Colleges), U.S. News & World Report (10th Best Regional University/North, 5th Most Innovative School/North), Kiplinger’s Personal Finance (“Best College Values”), and others. The College is top-ranked for long-term study abroad (#4 in the U.S.) by the U.S. State Department’s Open Doors report. Marist educates more than 5,000 traditional-age undergraduate students and 1,400 adult and graduate students in 47 undergraduate majors and numerous graduate programs, including fully online MBA, MPA, MS, and MA degrees, and also Doctor of Physical Therapy and Physician Assistant programs. To learn more, please visit https://www.marist.edu/about
To learn more or to apply, please visit https://www.marist.edu/careers. Only online applications are accepted.
Marist College is strongly committed to the principle of diversity and is especially interested in receiving applications from members of ethnic and racial minority groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and persons from other under-represented groups.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Poughkeepsie
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Poughkeepsie
- Computer Services & Information Technology Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Poughkeepsie
- Technology Administration/Other Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Poughkeepsie