Business Systems Analyst
Business Systems Analyst
The Business Systems Analyst is a part of the Office of Finance & Administration and will focus on supporting the needs of the unit of Finance and Administration with particular support for the Office of Business Affairs administrative systems. The Business Systems Analyst will review, analyze and evaluate business systems and user needs to maintain and enhance core business applications. The incumbent is responsible for identifying technology- based business processes and anticipating solutions for the specified area of business responsibility. The incumbent must use troubleshooting and problem-solving skills to address organizational challenges and opportunities.
The Business Systems Analyst collaborates to evaluate business processes; reviews and validates data, identifies best practices and suggests improvements. Responsibilities include configuring system settings and options, integration testing and training. The Business Systems Analyst collaborates with functional users and the technical support team to develop data analysis tools to support daily college operations and financial planning. They will assist in security/authorization set-up, user documentation, data interface design, data migration and reconciliation. The Business Systems Analyst will devise test plans, build test data, and test new or enhanced application functions, while leading the evaluation and implementation of process improvements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- In-depth knowledge of business processes and business system analysis techniques.
- Customer service oriented and hands-on approach to application administration and delivery.
- Ability to learn, demonstrate and translate business needs to solutions and processes.
- Understanding of financial systems and their relationship to financial reporting, forecasting and other core financial processes and the integration of other custom applications.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
- Excellent knowledge and experience working with the Microsoft Suite.
- Proven ability to contribute to the strategic planning for new technologies and create a roadmap for solution delivery.
- Ability to evaluate business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
- Highly organized and detail oriented with critical thinking and problem-solving skills to identify and analyze complex information needs, identify appropriate solutions and make recommendations on how to best organize data to accomplish objectives.
- Project management and ability to drive projects from inception to completion with excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area and/or equivalent professional experience.
- Three (3) or more years of administrative and business operations experience.
- Competent and experienced with software applications related to technology-based business processes.
- Experience facilitating project meetings, requirements gathering and follow-ups.
- Three (3) or more years of business analysis experience.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Experience in extracting data from databases to provide informative and timely reports.
- Background and credit report required.
- Experience in the finance and accounting technology functions within a higher education institutional environment.
- Experience working in and/or with higher education with technology- based business processes and generating financial reports.
Open until filled. Apply on-line at https://ringling.simplehire.com
Ringling College of Art and Design is an Equal Opportunity Employer