Senior Research Coordinator
The Senior Research Coordinator manages the day to day activities of several research projects in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences. Dr. Jorge's research subjects surround traumatic brain injuries, veterans experiencing PTSD, growth hormone deficiency, depression, and other mental health related issues. This role will supervise the research and administrative personnel and provide the Principle Investigator with timely reporting of study updates. Once established in role, the position will also provide assistance on VA funded projects and will have partial funding through an IPA at the VA. This is a senior level position that will provide oversight across multiple studies, and will maintain relationships at Baylor and the VA.This is a senior level position that will be ensuring the accurate data collection, documentation, and organization of operations involved in multiple grants. Position will be responsible for all administrative and research coordination on behalf of the research projects for Dr. Jorge at Baylor. This position will will work closely with other research personnel to ensure success in achieving grant goals.
- Oversees research to ensure objectives are met and research activities meet BCM and regulatory standards.
- Supports PI and research staff with timely reporting of study status, enrollment, account management, study monitoring, and site visits.
- Assists in maintaining the IRB procedure and processes.
- Supervises screening and recruiting activities of research and administrative staff.
- Supervises, schedules, and directs daily activities of research and administrative staff.
- Maintains regular communication with various individuals engaging in the grant goals and objectives.
- Oversees data collection and documentation activities by study team; queries databases and prepares reports; manages compliance documents.
- May supervise other staff and support personnel training.
- Manages all regulatory documents for research study in accordance to sponsor and institutional policies.
- Maintains team relationships with peers, colleagues, patients, and sponsors to effectively contribute to goals.
- Provides feedback to PI regarding staff performance.
- Develops and maintains systems and tracking tools.
- Provides insight on maintaining productivity and efficiency on multiple projects.
- Participants in screening and consent process, as needed. Maintains informed consent form files in accordance to sponsor guidelines.
- Orders needed supplies and equipment for clinicians.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Five years of relevant experience.
- Experience with HIPAA compliance.
- Experience with data management in an academic or healthcare setting.
- Supervising and directing recruiting efforts is desired.
- Knowledge on grant research activities is needed for this role, as there are many grants associated with the PI.
- Experience with regulatory submissions is required.
- Attach a list of references with your resume/CV.
- Cover letter and publications are optional.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston