Notre Dame of Maryland University
Notre Dame of Maryland University (NDMU) is a private, independent institution anchored in the lovely Homeland neighborhood of Baltimore city with outreach programs in the state serving central and southern Maryland and the Eastern Shore. Founded as a Catholic women's college in 1897, NDMU now a comprehensive university, offers baccalaureate degree in the women's college and co-ed undergraduate programs for adults, and graduate programs through the School of Arts, Sciences, and Business; School of Education; School of Nursing; and School of Pharmacy.
NDMU is proud to announce that it is currently pursuing Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) accreditation for a new Physician Assistant (PA) graduate medial education program. As such, the PA program is seeking a Medical Director who will join the Program Director in developing and leading NDMU's newest high-tech, high-touch graduate medical education program.
Notre Dame of Maryland University is accepting applications for the position of Medical Director for the new Master of Science Physician Assistant (MSPA) program. The Medical Director will report directly to the Program Director and will assist the Program Director in the review of didactic and clinical curricula, thereby ensuring the delivery of contemporary medical education. In collaboration with the Program Director, the Medical Director will contribute to the professional and instructional development of faculty members. The Medical Director will participate in accreditation related activities, student recruitment, student selection and admission activities.
- Current and valid Maryland physician licensure (MD or DD)
- Medical or Surgical Specialty-Board Certification (within the US) required
- A minimum of three years of clinical experience
- Experience with providing instruction in higher education settings (preferred)
- Past academic teaching experience with a PA Program or medical school (preferred)
- Past clinical instruction experience within a PA Program or medical school (preferred)
- Strong communication, time management, and organizational skills; affirmation of reliability and effectiveness prior work experiences, as may be verified through contact with professional references.
- Honesty, integrity, and commitment to maintaining high professional standards, as may be verified through contact with professional references
Additional Information :
Notre Dame of Maryland University does not discriminate in offering equal access to its educational programs and activities or with respect to employment terms and conditions on the basis of age, ancestry, color, creed, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or protected veteran's status. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policy: Greg FitzGerald, Chief of Staff, Notre Dame of Maryland University, 4701 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21210, 410-532-5109.
For all other employment inquiries, please contact Human Resources at 410-532-5898 or firstname.lastname@example.org . Notre Dame of Maryland University is an EEO/AA employer.
All applicants must submit:
- Cover letter
- Salary requirements
- Contact information for three professional references
Questions can be directed to Provost & VP for Academic Affairs, Sr. Sharon Slear, at email@example.com