Head of Technical Services - Library
Head of Technical Services position at The Citadel, Charleston SC
The Daniel Library at The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina seeks applications from positive, proactive, service oriented individuals interested in applying for our Head of Technical Services position. This is a full-time, twelve-month, faculty (non-tenure track) position holding the rank of Librarian Assistant Professor. The Citadel offers strong support for professional development activities, including publishing, presenting, and attending conferences and workshops. The Citadel, located in beautiful Charleston, South Carolina, consistently ranks as the #1 Public College in the South (offering up to a master’s degree) in U.S. News & World Report’s Education Rankings. Charleston continually wins awards for friendliness, best restaurants, tourist attractions, beaches, and more.
- Provide leadership, administration, implementation, and maintenance of the day to day operations of the Technical Services Department.
- Manage all areas of electronic resources, including negotiating and maintaining licenses with vendors/publishers, renewals, database trails, troubleshooting, and technical support for library operations.
- Oversee the management and maintenance of the physical collection (150,000+ print), microform collection, and Government Documents collection.
- Monitors electronic resource fund expenditures and tracks against budget allocations .
- Act as point of contact for Partnership Among South Carolina Academic Libraries (PASCAL) consortium, and the Carolina Consortium.
- Serve as a back-up administrator for the integrated library system (ILS).
- Maintain LibGuides access to databases and update as needed.
- Oversee the migration from ILLiad to Tipasa.
- Run monthly and annual reports and compile statistics of the library’s electronic resources and services.
- Supervise all interlibrary loan and related services, including PASCAL Delivers.
- Supervise and evaluate three and a half full-time employees.
- Promote the use of electronic databases across campus to faculty and students.
- Serve as an advocate for the library and college by participating in local, regional, and national professional events, including committees and professional development activities.
- Serve as the library liaison to assigned departments.
- Serve as a backup for the Reference Services desk when needed.
- Minimal travel is required for this position.
- An ALA-accredited Master’s degree in Library/Information Science
- Two years or more of directly related academic library experience
- Progressive supervisory experience
- Experience with resource sharing, electronic resource management, systems troubleshooting, customer service, and/or assessment
- Communication, organization, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of copyright and intellectual property rights related to e-resources and serials
- Knowledge of cataloging standards and bibliographic utilities
- Strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Strong commitment to service
- Experience managing print and electronic resources in an academic library
- Experience with negotiating with vendors
- Administration certification in Alma and Primo
- Experience working with Reference Services
- Experience working with library consortia
- Experience with the following library systems: ALMA/Primo or other discovery platforms, EBSCO, Full Text Finder, EZproxy, Springshare, ILLiad, Tipasa, and OCLC Connexion
** Please note; review of applicants/resumes will begin on Feb. 5th **
Advertised: Jan 20 2021 Eastern Standard Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Charleston
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Charleston
- Library & Information Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Charleston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Charleston
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Charleston