Director - Strategic Initiatives
DIRECTOR OF STRATEGIC INITIATIVES
MALCOLM X COLLEGE
The role of the Director of Strategic Initiatives is to plan, implement, and execute the strategic vision of CCC regarding academic, program and/or operational initiatives. Incumbent will be required to execute projects or initiatives in accordance with the needs of the college and district. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of college-wide teams, district personnel and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects or initiatives according to plan. The Director of Strategic Initiatives will also interpret the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
- Aligns college strategic plan with the established strategic plan for the district insuring alignment between District initiatives and College projects
- Develops, directs and manages full-scale projects and initiatives assigned by the President from idea through implementation.
- Proactively manages changes in project scope, identifies potential crises, and devises contingency plans.
- Reviews academic and operational initiatives from each respective college department for alignment with the district’s strategic plan and provides direct feedback to the College President.
- Defines projects, initiatives, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior leadership and stakeholders.
- Generates metrics to measure team and project impact and holds the team accountable for success.
- Conducts post-project reviews and creates a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Performs related duties as assigned by the College President.
- Masters degree, with a minimum of 2 years of work experience developing solutions to business problems, implementing solutions with a focus in strategy or operations OR a Bachelors of Arts or Science and 3 years of experience in strategic consulting, strategy department, and/or turnaround environments.
- Experience in an educational environment is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and influencing skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as lead project teams of varying sizes.
- Exceptional ability to build relationships in a wide-range of environments.
- Experience with process change and optimization.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, planning and problem solving skills with an ability to prioritize, drive and complete multiple projects under stringent deadlines, and to respond to changing priorities.
- Must be self-motivated o Knowledge of and experience in the use of technology.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and multiculturalism in one’s work experience.
- Excellent problem solving, with an ability to take disparate sets of quantitative and qualitative data and drive to innovative solutions.
- Ability to advise and influence leaders throughout the organization regarding performance improvement opportunities.
WE OFFER: Excellent health and welfare benefit package and long term savings and investment programs including 403(b) & 457(b) Investment Plans and a pension plan with the State University Retirement System (SURS) Plan. Generous vacation, holiday, personal and sick days, and tuition reimbursement. For a more detailed overview of benefits, please visit the benefits page of our website.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago