Executive Director, Center for Ethics and Social Responsibility
The University of Colorado Boulder and Leeds School of Business encourage applications for the Executive Director for the Center for Ethics and Social Responsibility ! This position is responsible for enabling the mission and vision of the Center for Ethics and Social Responsibility (CESR) with external partners in support of Leeds. The Executive Director empowers the Center to serve as a link between Leeds School of Business and the vibrant impact business community nationally and around the world, collaborating with business leaders from the natural products industry, the B Corp community, clean energy, corporate social responsibility and more. The Executive Director is responsible for effectively managing the Center’s Advisory Board to help the Center and Leeds achieve its goal of generating community engagement in activities that enable effective learning experiences for responsible leadership (case competitions, Career Treks, meet and greet events, workshops and collaborations with the many vibrant student organizations at Leeds), and engaging the community as mentors to students, providers of internship/job opportunities, and as professional network partners to students.
The Executive Director will also help to coordinate and promote executive education programs in Corporate Social Responsibility and will work with CESR’s Faculty Research and Operations Directors to ensure faculty engagement with students. The position also supports the College and University in other ways by serving on committees, supporting projects and representing Leeds and the University in areas related to the Center’s focus.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Located at one of the top-ranked research universities in the country, the Leeds School of Business at the University of Colorado at Boulder combines innovative teaching and groundbreaking research in a diverse academic environment. Additional information about the Leeds School is available at leeds.colorado.edu.
The mission of the Center for Ethics and Social Responsibility is to develop socially conscious, values focused business leaders by preparing students to meet the ethical, social and environmental challenges of today’s business world by promoting research, teaching, and extracurricular innovation around these three CESR pillars: business solutions to environmental challenges; diversity and inclusion; and ethical leadership.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Build the international reputation of the Leeds School of Business as a thought leader in the areas of business solutions to environmental challenges, diversity and inclusion, and ethical leadership.
- Raise CESR's (inter)national visibility by developing networks nationally and globally with influential community members, relevant national and international professional associations, and other organizations to showcase the signature programs/experiences of CESR and its affiliated students and faculty.
- Evidence of thought leadership will include positive press mentions of CESR related activities/research/students/faculty, positive reputation/rankings among Directors of other Centers, and (inter)national business community recognition of CESR excellence.
- Work with CESR Faculty Research Director to encourage broad faculty engagement to showcase faculty excellence related to CESR themes.
- Share ideas for new CESR related programs and initiatives.
Cultivate External Access and Affiliation
- Build and facilitate business community connections to engage with students in CESR or Leeds related initiatives, collaborate in the placement (or internships) of Leeds students, and provide philanthropic support.
- Build positive relationships with the business community, engendering excitement at engaging with CESR within this community, and effectively manage the advisory board and relationships with its member.
- Partner effectively with the Leeds advancement team, and other Leeds employees with externally facing roles.
- Engage effectively with students, especially connecting them with external stakeholders to facilitate their professional and personal development.
- Partner with the Director of Operations to provide insights into the formulation of the annual budget consistent with the goals of CESR and the School, and manage budget expenditures.
What You Should Know
- This is a 50% appointment.
- Job-related travel required.
- Relocation assistance is available.
What We Can Offer
The salary range is $80,000 - $110,000 at 50% time.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Collaborative. Be Innovative. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution in business or a field related to the environment, diversity and inclusion, ethical leadership or similar related experience in the field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working effectively with executive level individuals, and demonstrated ability to build support for programs, initiatives or ideas among this constituency.
What You Will Need
- Influential national (or global) networks in at least one of the following three areas; Business Solutions to Environmental Challenges, Diversity and Inclusion, or Ethical Leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals from academics, to students, administrators, and executives.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, including high comfort level and skill in engaging large audiences.
- Ability to think strategically and translate trends and developments into ideas for CESR related initiatives, including the ability to garner wide input and support across partner groups for new insights.
- Passion for higher education and developing students.
- Familiarity with budgeting and financial accounting.
- Excellent organizational skills.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Experience working at the Executive or C-level.
- Demonstrated skills in collaborating across academic divisions and university entities.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
- Please upload an essay on how your experience and professional relationships relate to the Center for Ethics and Social Responsibility's three pillars: business solutions to environmental challenges; diversity and inclusion; and ethical leadership.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by February 18, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Executive Not specified Part Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Management Executive Not specified Part Time jobs in Boulder
- Business Administration Executive Not specified Part Time jobs in Boulder
- Management Executive Not specified Part Time jobs in Boulder
- Other Business & Management Executive Not specified Part Time jobs in Boulder