Coordinator for Transfer Student Experience
The New Student and Family Programs Office collaborates with faculty, staff, and students, to welcome all incoming students and their families to the University of Colorado Boulder by:
- Serving as a centralized hub through programs and services that equip students with resources, guidance, and peer connections to help facilitate a successful transition to CU Boulder and develop successful members of our community.
- Offering intentional and timely opportunities to engage with academic units, support services and community members.
- Providing experiences that cultivate community, celebrate traditions, and set campus expectations that encourage pride and a sense of belonging.
The Coordinator for Transfer Student Experience directly reports to the Director for New Student and Family Programs and will assist in all facets of the planning, preparation, and creation robust and intentional transfer student experience including the new transfer student on-boarding process.
As a key member of transfer student efforts at CU Boulder, the Coordinator for Transfer Student Experience provides leadership, input, and student support to transfer students at various stages of the college experience including pre-admission, admission, acclimation and persistence at the university through intentional programming and representation on various campus committees and initiatives.
This position requires excellent customer service, attention to detail, a commitment to collaboration as well as strong organizational and communications skills.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
New Student & Family Programs is the campus resource for new students and families as they begin their journey at CU Boulder.
We are pleased and proud to support incoming CU Boulder students and their families throughout their transition into our academic community. We will continue supporting family members throughout their student's experience at CU Boulder.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Develop, amplify, and implement student life programs, in collaboration with campus partners, that enhance student involvement, student integration, and student engagement of pre-admitted, admitted and current transfer students, both on and off-campus.
- Assist with prospective transfer student events as needed such as Transfer Student Visit Days or the Office of Admissions Transfer Student InstaLives.
- Chair and facilitate the Transfer Student Programming & Initiatives Committee
- Oversee and maintain a budget dedicated towards transfer student programming, outreach, and engagement efforts.
- Assist Residence Life staff with transfer outreach and student engagement throughout the year in collaboration with Resident/Community Assistants and the Transfer Peer Mentor Team.
- Serve as an advocate for transfer student success by regularly partnering with offices such as the Center for Student Involvement, Student Conduct & Conflict Resolution, Career Services, Veteran and Military Affairs, the Center for Inclusion and Social Change, Counseling and Psychiatric Services (CAPS), and the Collegiate Recovery Center, among others, to provide resources and assist students in resolving obstacles they may encounter.
- Provide "warm" referrals to offices within the Division of Student Affairs and across campus, as needed and as appropriate.
Supervision and Advisory Responsibilities:
- Recruit, train, schedule, and supervise two paraprofessional Transfer Student Program Coordinators.
- Serve as an advisor to the Non-Traditional Student Organization.
- Serve as an advocate and resource on transfer student life and transfer student concerns; provide student referrals to appropriate campus services and resources.
- Tailor inclusion strategies to students from all backgrounds and adjust individual interactions to be centered around student support.
Assessment and Coordination:
- Assess learning outcomes and program effectiveness of transfer student activities and events and make subsequent recommendations for ways to improve respective programs, strategies, and outcomes.
- Assist in the coordination of transfer student-related operations for New Student & Family Programs, the Division of Student Affairs, and the campus at large.
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of the Transfer Student Orientation and welcome program in collaboration with relevant campus partners including Off-Campus Housing & Neighborhood Relations, academic colleges and student support services.
- Maintain accuracy and relevancy of departmental and campus web pages in conjunction with Occupancy Management, Residence Life, Bear Creek Apartments, Off-Campus Housing & Neighborhood Relations, the Office of Admissions, New Student & Family Programs, and others including the transfer student website ( https://www.colorado.edu/transfer/ ) in collaboration with Student Affairs Communications & Office of Strategic Relations.
- Be responsible for the development of transfer student-related learning outcomes and engagement strategies for the off-campus life portion of the Residential Experience Curriculum.
What We Can Offer
- Starting salary is $47,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Courageous. Be Supported. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor's degree in education, leadership, marketing/communications, or closely related academic field.
- Experience in student engagement program planning/coordination, student leadership development, equity and inclusion program planning/coordination, or other similar area(s) of student services.
- Experience in designing publications, executing various communications (e.g. email campaigns) and/or experience managing social media.
- Proven experience making and facilitating presentations to varied constituent groups such as students and faculty/staff.
What You Will Need
- Dedication to providing quality customer service.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including the ability to prioritize work and manage multiple projects.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as autonomously.
- Proven ability to work with students, employers, staff, and individuals with a diverse set of backgrounds.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Full-time experience working in a higher education environment.
- Master's degree in College Student Development, Education, or a related field.
- Experience working with continuing student populations such as second-year, upper-division, and/or transfer students.
- Experience supervising student staff.
- Experience overseeing a budget.
- Experience and knowledge of StarRez occupancy database; familiarity with housing/retention/early alert databases.
- Experience with advising, coaching, and student referrals.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by February 4, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Chief Student Affairs Officers & Vice Presidents Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Other Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder