Multiple Campus Locations, Multiple Campus Locations
McKinney, Texas, 75069
We are searching for an experienced eLearning Assistant
Work with faculty and staff to effectively use technology tools in the classroom (including online) as well as their daily job duties. Assist faculty, staff, and students with issues pertaining to the Canvas Learning Management System (LMS) and other instructional technology used at Collin College.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist activity for the eLearning Centers. Answer the telephone and respond to emails as quickly as possible and maintain professional demeanor at all times.
- Track and route problems and requests; Document resolutions, escalating issues as appropriate. Maintain confidentiality of information.
- Assist instructional designers and instructional technologists with projects and other assignments.
- Assist faculty and staff with defining and resolving their technical project needs.
- Provide basic assistance to faculty, staff, and students in navigating Collin College online. Make sure that all individuals are connected to the correct resources.
- Assist with the quality control of courses in Canvas during the semester by reporting deficiencies.
- Create and maintain department online files, documentation, and reports (ie., statistics, Quality Matters registration, course reviews).
- Proofread print and online materials to achieve consistency, high quality, and compliance.
- Maintain accurate documentation of course development, course audits, as well as professional development events.
- Light media and course content production.
- Research various topics and information on how distance learning as requested by/for senior eLearning staff.
- Assist with planning department events.
- Keep the eLearning Center (eLC) labs organized, clean, and equipment functioning.
- Maintain confidentiality and student privacy as required by department policy and procedure.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with College policies, procedures, and core values.
High School Diploma or any equivalent combination of training and experience and one (1) year of specialized training beyond high school to include satisfactory completion of six (6) hours of sophomore level coursework in Computer Science, Graphic Arts, Digital Media or directly related field. Associate degree (or higher) preferred.
Two (2) years of directly related experience working with students, staff, faculty and/or general public in a professional environment.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 and authoring tools like Adobe Creative Suite (or equivalent) required. Web development, video editing, and experience with Articulate Storyline preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of computer operating systems and browsers
- Knowledge of technology and the tools used in online learning
- Working knowledge of Canvas LMS is a plus
- Adaptability and ability to multi-task
- Highly organized with ability to prioritize and work efficiently to meet tight deadlines
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 and digital media creation
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills
- Problem analysis and Problem solving; Attention to detail
- A positive, people-oriented and energetic attitude
- Ability to be self-directed in learning new applications and processes
- Ability to deliver high quality solutions on time and within project requirements
- Ability to develop creative, innovative online media and course content
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to maintain professional communication and presence when interacting with faculty, students, staff and outside organizations
- Ability to identify and resolve technical issues in a timely manner
- Ability to adhere to and enforce the policies, protocols and guidelines set by the department
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in this class typically require talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $32,367.00 - 37,222.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Curriculum & Instructional Development Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Instructional Technology & Design (Campus) Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney