Academic Advisor 2 - (STA006849)
Provides information to, and advises both enrolled and prospective students regarding the academic programs offered by the University or a specific department, including requirements for admission and retention through graduation; may coordinate the work of entry level academic advisors.
- Advises enrolled and prospective students regarding academic programs and curriculums.
- Analyzes and processes degree plans, graduation applications, grade change forms, and general petitions.
- Maintains student files updated throughout their academic careers and makes changes to records as necessary.
- Analyzes and processes requests for readmission from academic suspension, as well as financial aid reinstatements; provides retention services for students on probation.
- May assist in conducting orientation sessions for groups of incoming new students.
- May assist in recruiting high school and community college students and may make presentations at special events.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Posting Information:
The primary purpose of the position is to advise students on Learning Abroad programs, scholarships, applications & pre-departure.It supports reciprocal exchange programs, social media, event planning & academic record processing, also presents at campus events, orientations, for UH colleges & other events as needed. Previous experience studying or traveling abroad is preferred but not required.The following documents are required: Cover letter delineating the manner in which your work experience applies to the posting. Resume, Salary History, Transcript, Three work references. The hiring department expects you to name current or past supervisors.
NOTE: We will maintain your confidentiality and notify you in advance of making contact with any of your references. References will be contacted only after the interviewing process has been completed. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed
Bachelors and 3 years experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston