STEM Success Coach
Posting Number AS180P Position Title STEM Success Coach Contract Length 12 months Class Summary
The Science Department is seeking a STEM Success Coach to work closely with College of the Mainland students and faculty toward growing enrollment and student success in the STEM fields. The successful candidate will develop community and industry partners, assist STEM students in the selection of coursework and academic programs to empower long-term career planning and goals, provide support in assessing student needs and abilities, stay current in the STEM educational landscape and serve as an effective liaison between students, faculty and the community. The position will require remaining current with program changes and educational innovations in the STEM fields, with an emphasis in Engineering. Additionally, the STEM Success Coach will be responsible for providing scheduled office hours for student consultation, serve on College committees as needed and assigned, participate in student orientated outreach activities as needed and assigned, and work closely with COM advising staff as well as STEM faculty.
Candidates Eligible to Apply Internal/External Position Type Exempt Staff Employment Status Full Time Position Funding Type Grant
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution; prior experience with career development or academic advising in higher education; understanding and/or experience with diverse cultural backgrounds.
Bachelor’s degree or higher in a STEM field; 2 years of experience with career development or academic advising at a 2-year institution of higher education.
Minimum Knowledge & Skills
Ability to serve effectively as a liaison between students, faculty, community and industry and educational partners. Ability to communicate competently and in a timely manner through various platforms including email, telephone, and in-person communication. Ability to use routine software including email, document, and spreadsheet software platforms. Ability to engage duties both virtually and in-person as assigned. Basic understanding of academic transfer, academic advising, co-op learning, and internships.
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
Demonstrable history of performing tasks as outlined in the position description and job duties.
• Conduct student outreach for new Engineering programs
• Maintain and develop ongoing contact and support of current COM STEM students and faculty
• Develop career resources for STEM students, including career assessments and internship opportunities
• Develop Engineering student transfer plans
• Develop (with Student Services Enrollment Management team and COM faculty) STEM Summer Bridge activity
• Serve as community liaison for STEM student opportunities
• Assist in planning STEM Day for local 8th grade female students
• Engage potential STEM students regionally, including in area high schools, through effective outreach and engagement
• Manage and facilitate assigned STEM co-ops, internships, and externships
• Assist in communication with students for retention and persistence
• Develop articulation/transfer agreements with transfer partners
• Work closely with STEM faculty, Science Lab Assistants, and advising personnel
• Travel in support of job duties as needed
• Other duties as assigned
Positions in this class typically require: reaching, standing,, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing, and manual dexterity. Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
Minimum Salary Range $46,389 Mid Point Salary Range . Maximum Salary Range $57,987 Posting Open Date 01/19/2021 Posting Close Date Posting Will Be Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
Please NOTE : All applications must contain complete job histories, which include job title, dates of employment (month/year), name of employer, supervisors name and phone numbers and a description of duties performed. If this information is not submitted, your application may be considered incomplete. Applications with “See attached” or “See resume” will not be accepted in lieu of a complete application. Omission of data can be the basis for disqualification; you may state “unknown” for any incomplete fields. A scanned copy of unofficial transcript(s) must be attached to the online application.
College of the Mainland is an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, disability or veteran status.
College of the Mainland does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of faculty and staff, and the operation of its programs and activities, as specified by federal laws and regulations within Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and 1992.
Quick Link to Share for Direct Access to Posting https://jobs.com.edu/postings/2360 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
- Transcripts (1 of 3)
- Letter of Recommendation
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City