Information Technology Technical Trainer
Information Technology Technical Trainer
San Joaquin Delta Community College District
Job Number: 2000002X
Under general supervision, to work and be responsible for activities associated with the design, development and delivery of in-house training for the District's end-users for office productivity software or other proprietary software applications and application processes.
The Technical Trainer classification are subject matter experts that focus on training programs related to the computer systems and applications used by the District's personnel to deliver services and support to internal and external customers.
The Technical Trainer classification is a journey level trainer classification focusing on information technology, computer systems and applications. The Trainer designs content to address common or well-documented end-user problems or for a specific course(s) within the instructional roadmap.
The Technical Trainer is responsible for the overall coordination and implementation of training programs. The Trainer assumes a leadership role identifying training needs, providing curriculum design, delivering the curriculum and evaluates training effectiveness.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Coordinates and participates in training for application implementation upgrades and changes. Develop technology training programs for non-technical audiences. Establish collaborative working relationships with a diverse audience, including stakeholders as well as student workers.
- Serves as liaison between end-users, project team members, and other resources.
- Uses storyboarding, outlines and other media tools to produce a high-level design for course or learning series development that will enhance IT operational capabilities.
- Participates on project teams with primary responsibility for identifying associated training plans and develops content outlined in design phase through research of pertinent subject matter and conferring with subject matter experts.
- Assesses the learning needs of staff in support of organizational strategy and helps identify areas where increased end-user competence could improve performance; gathers information about the learners such as preferred learning environment and existing knowledge and skills.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts, training colleagues, site specialists, business clients and Information Technology partners across the organization.
- Researches a variety of pertinent subject matter literature and confers with job experts and others with relevant knowledge to establish a foundation for training.
- Designs, writes, updates and tests training curriculum to a broad range of end user roles and knowledge, including computer-based training modules.
- Delivers structured content and learning materials in a classroom setting, to Learning Management Systems, or through other electronic media. Provides ad hoc training to users who are confronted with complex tasks or problems.
- Builds and maintains the master training environment.
- Previews and evaluates vendor instructional materials for purchase and use by the District.
- Manages work plan and project steps using established tools and procedures to meet committed time frames and project milestones.
- Locates and arranges for training and development facilities and coordinates the inventory, ordering, prepackaging and issuing of program supplies and equipment.
- Coordinates training needs assessments for new software releases and updates. works with IT Management to identify, design and deliver a variety of training methods.
- Instructs individuals or groups in a variety of subject matter areas and performs the role of facilitator or resource person.
- Provides technical training and orientation to desktop, financial, clinical or specialized business applications
- Performs in-depth analysis of workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical issues associated with business software in order to design instructional content.
- Participates in the evaluation and testing of new module releases and maintain training materials.
- Provides status updates and creates and manages training timelines and deliverables.
- Evaluates effectiveness of training timelines and deliverables and consults with project or product managers regarding frequency and volume of content delivery.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Employee, management and organizational development techniques and current adult learning theory and practices.
- Principles and techniques of curriculum development;
- Theory and practices of organization, management, and communication;
- Effective methods of using multimedia equipment and other training aids or materials.
- Current adult learning theory and methodologies, presentation techniques and course pacing.
- Instructional design models (e.g., ADDIE)
- Application protocols and problem-solving methods focused on helping staff learn how to use software to increase speed and create higher value work products.
- Various curriculum development applications and training delivery methods including web-based, self-paced, and classroom education.
- Ability to:
- Plan, develop, conduct, and evaluate, a variety of complex and difficult management and employee training and development programs or courses.
- Conduct employee, management, and other organizational needs assessments and task analyses.
- Translate specific department/agency organizational needs into curriculum and differentiate between needs which can be met through training and those which require other approaches.
- Formulate specific objectives against which to compare and evaluate training results.
- Maintain currency in the state-of-the-art training theory and practice.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret data;
- Demonstrate active listening skills, communicate effectively both orally and in writing, and speak effectively before large and small groups;
- Conduct training and development sessions, perform the role of facilitator, and effectively utilize group dynamic skills and techniques;
- Reason logically and creatively and utilize a variety of analytical skills and sound techniques in the process of meeting program goals relative to management/employee training and development and improvement of organizational productivity.
- Work as a member of a team.
- Effectively prioritize activities and projects.
- Learn and retain knowledge of all assigned applications.
- Multi-task complex work assignments;
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
- Resolve conflicts;
- Lead meetings;
- Perform under pressure with tight deadlines;
- Become cross-functional in one or more applications
Education, Experience and Training Requirements
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or Systems, Communications, Management, Business or Industrial Relations, Education, or a related field. Three (3) years of recent experience designing, developing and delivering training curriculum and materials for a software system and/or three (3) years of experience working with software applications and computer systems essential to the functional area in which staff will need to be trained.
Associates degree in Information Technology or Systems, Communications, Management, Business or Industrial Relations, Education, or a related field. Five (5) years of recent experience designing, developing and delivering training curriculum and materials for a software system and/or three (3) years of experience working with software applications and computer systems essential to the functional area in which staff will need to be trained.
CompTIA CCT+ Certification
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 5,271
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 6,478
- External Closing Date: Feb 6, 2021
- External Opening Date: Jan 21, 2021
Location: Stockton, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://deltacollege.referrals.selectminds.com
The San Joaquin Delta Community College District provides access to its education programs and activities and makes all employment decisions without regard to national origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected category. The District’s prohibition against sex and gender discrimination includes sexual harassment and sexual violence.