GRANTS ADMINISTRATION SERVICES SPECIALIST
GRANTS ADMINISTRATION SERVICES SPECIALIST
Posting Number: SRGV4863
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Brownsville, Texas
Department: College of Sciences
Scope of Job:
To provide professional support related to post-award grants and contracts administration.
Description of Duties:
• Responsible for post-award functions that include receiving, reviewing, analyzing and processing a variety of business, financial and payroll/personnel related transactions into a variety of the University software systems. Transactions include a combination of accounting (posting/reconciling/analysis/forecasting), budget development and monitoring, purchasing, procurement card, inventory, records management and project scheduling. Prepares, analyzes and creates statistical, financial and various other reports for the college grant administrator.
• Coordinates recruitment and hiring efforts for grant-supported faculty, staff, undergraduate and graduate students.
• Tracks and monitors grant budgets according to University policy and government regulations; creates monthly budget projections based on the received spending plans; maintains and monitors budgets completes and/or reviews necessary forms (e.g., cost share forms, purchase orders, etc.) related to grant expenditures, and monthly reconciliations.
• Provides information and direct assistance required to complete contract and grant closeouts, as needed.
• Creates accounts in the financial accounting system and makes changes to the award or budgets in agreements with grant specifications as instructed and in coordination with the Grants and Contracts Office.
• Provides support for the administration of grant activity by assisting faculty and administrators in administering grants and complying with University policy and agency regulations.
• Creates and maintains computerized files and databases on proposal and grant activity; retrieves information for periodic reports and ad hoc reports as requested by department administrators.
• Assist the college grant administrator in providing grant-related procedure training to faculty and other departmental staff.
• Serves as resource person for funding source information and administrative policies and procedures of granting agencies and University.
• Coordinates and monitors grant budget activity for University grants to ensure compliance with University policy and federal and agency regulations; reviews and approves grant related personnel appointments on behalf of administrator; provides assistance and advice to project directors on procedural matters, reporting requirements and closeout of grant activity.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
Bachelor’s degree in a business- related field from an accredited university.
Two (2) years of experience working with grants administration and grant-related functions.
Experience obtained in a higher education setting. Knowledge of contract and grant administration.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required. UTRGV is a distributed institution, which requires presence at multiple locations throughout the Rio Grande Valley.
Excellent time management skills. Great attention to detail. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Strong written and communication skills.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 01/20/2021
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
*Social Security Number
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956)665-8880 and/or email@example.com.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/27188