Educational Technology Manager - Online Education
The Instructional Technology Manager provides strategic leadership for technological innovation, operations oversight for efficient and scalable systems, and administrative support for faculty and other stakeholders in support of learning initiatives. This position serves as the connection point between current and emerging technologies, best practices in online pedagogy, and student learning.
- Provide strategic decision support for the selection, implementation, and/or maintenance of a suite of educational technology platforms.
- Work closely with the Corporate IT team on integrations, server configurations, and other systems support needs.
- Work closely with academic leadership on developing and implementing engaging instructional solutions that enhance the teaching and learning experiences.
- Provide leadership to the instructional technology team in planning, coordinating, troubleshooting and maintaining systems in order to optimize efficiencies, stability, and user experience.
- Oversee management of all online technology projects to ensure timelines are met and relevant stakeholders are informed and engaged when appropriate.
- Keep the Online team apprised of advancements in technology and make recommendations for improvements and upgrades when necessary.
- Possess deep functional knowledge of learning management systems and education technology.
- Knowledge of data systems.
- Strong communication skills for collaboration across all business and functional areas.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Instructional Technology or other related field.
- Master’s degree in Instructional Technology preferred.
- Five (5) years’ experience managing and delivering infrastructure design and operational excellence.
- Two (2) years successful leadership of an Instructional Technology team.
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail.
- Skills and knowledge working with online education tools and software including learning management systems, student information systems, video hosting platforms, assessment systems, etc.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergencies.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Preferred for the successful candidate to work out of Tucson Corporate office, remote may be considered.