Chief Innovation Officer
Chief Innovation Officer
3452 Spur 399
McKinney, Texas, 75069
We are searching for an experienced Chief Innovation Officer
The Chief Innovation Officer serves as a member of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT), reporting to the District President, to execute and facilitate projects and partnerships that support the strategic vision of Collin College, with an emphasis on leading innovations in technology and implementing strategic technology-focused partnerships that benefit the college.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research and propose innovations that will position the college to “leapfrog” to the forefront of services provided to Collin College students; drive project results; and partner cross-functionally to deliver and maintain systems. Propose budgets and prepare necessary analysis to support budget recommendations.
- Lead the college in applying cutting edge technologies to support and facilitate outstanding student learning outcomes. Provide leadership for technology services projects, including iCollin, and other new forward-reaching initiatives.
- Lead the development and implementation of the college’s Information Technology (IT) Plan, ensuring that college IT systems are stable, secure, current (state-of-the-art), and meet the academic, administrative, and operational needs of the district.
- Work collaboratively with leaders across the college and in the communities we serve to identify innovative technology partnerships that will benefit the college.
- Lead the college in implementing best practices. Promote open innovation and creative thinking throughout the college. Set up and run idea generation activities within the college.
- Recommend and schedule training needed to prepare the college’s employee population (and student body, where needed) to utilize new tools and systems.
- Identify new trends, market disruptions, and emerging opportunities.
- Recommend resources for promising projects and establish support systems to help move beyond status quo.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
An earned master's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education or equivalent education and experience in innovation translatable within a higher education environment.
Ten (10) years of directly related professional level experience required, including three (3) years of supervisory experience. Experience in a higher education information technology senior leadership role is highly desirable but not required for consideration.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Enterprise and Shadow system strengths, capacities, and weaknesses
- Substantive knowledge of technology used in higher education environments
- General knowledge of higher education laws and requirements
- Project management skills
- Organizational skills
- Excellent written, verbal and visual communication and influencing skills
- Demonstrated excellence in the use of forward-looking, innovative technology
- Experience with process change and optimization
- Excellent analytical, organizational, planning and problem-solving skills with the ability to respond to changing priorities
- Ability to provide broad problem-solving skills to critical, time-sensitive, and technical issues
- Ability to research and understand ongoing advances in technology
- Ability to negotiate with vendors on behalf of the College
- Ability to coordinate with college personnel
- Ability to provide consulting, training and coaching support to employees to empower them to solve problems and implement solutions independently
- Ability to communicate effectively to implement initiatives
- Ability to evaluate software and tools that will be most effective for solving classroom, operational, and process challenges
- Ability to successfully manage program and project budget sets
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in this class typically require talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $171,060.00 - 196,718.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.