Dean - School of Business
Dean - School of Business
American International University - Kuwait City
for the 2021-2022 Academic year
American International University (AIU) – Kuwait is a newly established University; the first business student cohort was admitted to University in Fall 2020. AIU offers an American style education, degrees and majors to educate and serve the people of Kuwait as well as international students. The University provides high quality, relevant, and varied educational programs and opportunities for the intellectual, cultural, and personal growth of all members of its community. The University values its role as an educational leader that promotes individual development and improves the overall quality of life in a diverse community. It offers academic and professional programs, which lead to degrees from the associate through baccalaureate and masters.
The School of Business offers degrees in Accounting, Management, and Finance. It is expected to offer more programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels in future years.
The Dean of the Business School is responsible for supervising all aspects of the school, including the following:
- Full time and adjunct faculty
- All degree programs within the school
- Course Scheduling
- Curriculum Development
- Course and Degree Program Assessment
- Website maintenance for the School
- Searches for new and replacement positions
- Budget for the School
- Promotion of Research and Scholarship
- Maintaining the Business Advisory Committee for the school
- Have experience with the American institutional accreditation system and process as well as specialized accreditation systems such as AACSB.
The Dean reports to the Vice President for Academic Affairs and is expected to sit in on all academic meetings and other bodies as appropriate. AIU is a developing university with very dynamic features, it is expected that the department chair will take part of the university development.
- Doctoral degree in a relevant academic field from a reputable university.
- Documented record of administrative leadership experience.
- Minimum of six years of teaching and research at a higher education institute.
- Current academic rank of Professor/Associate Professor.
- Demonstrated record of collaborative decision-making.
- Have experience in a multicultural and multi-linguistic environment.
- Demonstrated experience with budget management.
- An entrepreneurial spirit.
About American International University:
AIU is a new institution of higher education in Kuwait with the first student cohort admitted in fall 2019. It is a private, co-educational institution offering undergraduate degrees based on the American model of higher education. Through its educational programs, the University serves the intellectual, cultural, and personal growth of all members of its community. AIU’s offers degree programs in Engineering, Architecture, and Design, and Business Administration where the language of instruction is English.
For more information about AIU visit: www.aiu.edu.kw
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please visit the Job Opportunities section of our webpage and submit your resume and cover letter: https://aiu.edu.kw/careers/jobs