Senior Scholarship Officer
The Senior Scholarship Officer will serve as the Foundation’s administrator of the Scholarship program, including complete oversight and development activities to support the continued growth of the program.
- Research potential partners and develop strategic partnerships that enhance the promotion of the Foundation’s scholarship program and increase applications from target audiences.
- Compile, analyze, and report annual scholarship application and awardee data/metrics, including but not limited to historical trends and progress to goal.
- Recommend and oversee implementation of efficiency improvements to scholarship application, review & scoring, awarding, and disbursement processes.
- Recommend and oversee implementation of efficiency improvements to scholarship donor communications process.
- Recommend and oversee implementation of changes to scholarship program criterion, as applicable.
- Develop scholarship awardee alumni network and outreach/communication plan.
- Manage day to day operation of scholarship program, including
but not limited to:
- Oversee execution of Foundations’ endowed scholarships, including application, review & scoring, awarding, and disbursement.
- Oversee administration of Foundation’s corporate scholarships, including application, review & scoring, awarding, and disbursement.
- Manage the Scholarship Policy & Review Committee, including but not limited to scheduling of meetings, agenda development, preparation of meeting minutes, and execution of action items.
- Manage the relationship with the Foundation’s 3rd party scholarship application vendor, including but limited to invoicing, payments, and annual platform modifications.
- Recruit 100-plus reviewers for scholarship application scoring.
- Develop scholarship agreements with new donors, and existing donors as appropriate.
- Nurture relationship and communications with corporate scholarship donors.
- Coordinate with marketing and communications departments to promote scholarship program and identify scholarship awardees for monthly/quarterly highlight articles.
- Work with Foundation VP to coordinate scholarship component of Spring gala.
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree, business preferred.
- 6-7+ years’ experience managing a scholarship-granting program for a non-profit organization, trade association, foundation, or college/university.
- Experience communicating with potential endowed scholarship donors, developing and formalizing endowed scholarship agreements, developing and formalizing endowed scholarship criterion, and managing relationships with endowed scholarship donors.
- Experience developing strategic partnerships.
- Experience managing 3rd party vendor contracts.
- Extensive experience with the collection, compilation, analysis, and reporting of scholarship applicant and awardee data/metrics.
- Strong organizational and projects management skills required.
- Familiarity with manufacturing and engineering terminology preferred.
- Computer experience: Microsoft Office products, Adobe Acrobat Pro or similar program, eResources Orchestra or similar scholarship application software.
- Standard office environment
- Travel is required
SME connects manufacturing professionals, academia and communities, sharing knowledge and resources to build inspired, educated and prosperous manufacturers and enterprises. With more than 85 years of experience and expertise in events, media, membership, training and development, and also through an education foundation, SME is committed to promoting manufacturing technology, developing a skilled workforce and attracting future generations to advanced manufacturing. Learn more at sme.org, follow @SME_MFG on Twitter or facebook.com/SMEmfg.
About the SME Education Foundation
The SME Education Foundation is committed to inspiring, preparing and supporting the next generation of manufacturing engineers and technologists in the advancement of manufacturing education. Created by SME in 1979, the SME Education Foundation has provided more than $33 million since 1980 in grants, scholarships and awards through its partnerships with corporations, organizations, foundations and individual donors. Visit the SME Education Foundation at smeef.org. Follow @mfgeducation on Twitter or facebook.com/SME.Education.Foundation