Medical Assistant II
The Department of Surgery, Vascular Surgery section is seeking a qualified Medical Assistant II. This position will perform patient care and administrative/support responsibilities in an ambulatory setting under the direct supervision of the APP clinical lead.
- Manages in-basket messages and ensures that they are answered within 24 hours.
- Collects patient history and vitals and inputs into EPIC EMR.
- Notes the primary complaint/reason for patient’s visit.
- Sets up instruments and equipment for Physician.
- Acts as liaison between physician and patient by relaying pertinent information about test results and clinic visits.
- Maintains patient and service rooms in a neat and orderly condition.
- Schedules patient tests, procedures, and appointments in EPIC EMR and hospital EMR.
- Performs clerical/administrative responsibilities such as filing and/or scanning patient medical records, obtain lab/x-ray reports, hospital notes, and referral information.
- Responsible for taking clinic inventory and completing.
- Sorts and distributes clinic mail and medical records to the appropriate clinic personnel.
- High school diploma or GED and completion of a Medical Assistant Training program through an accredited institution.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Current certification as a Medical Assistant through an accredited professional organization (AAMA, AMT, ARMA, NCCT, NAHP, NHA, NAHP, AMCA, or NRMA).
- Experience in a vascular or podiatry practice.
- Bilingual English and Spanish speaker.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.