VTCSOM Facilities Manager
The VTCSOM Facilities Manager will oversee all facilities-related functions within the Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine, including classroom, laboratory, and administrative space; on-and-off campus leased space; and related infrastructure systems to ensure the provision of state-of-the-art facilities operations and maintenance in a program-centric, safe, cost-effective, and sustainable manner.
The position will serve as the primary point of contact with university officials for capital construction, renovations, permitting, real estate management, safety and security, insurance, space, infrastructure upgrades/repairs and all other facility-related functions, including coordination of activities associated with the relocation of personnel and equipment when necessary.
The position works in a team atmosphere to provide leadership, collaborating with the colleagues and contracted service providers to achieve the School’s objectives. The position will also be responsible for the daily management and school-wide communications of facilities-related activities and programs.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field OR extensive facilities management experience.
• Experience in facilities management, project management, and in management or coordination of people and processes.
• Exceptional communication skills, interpersonal skills, diplomacy, and the ability to effectively interact and build trusted relationships with diverse internal and external constituencies.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects; excellent organizational and delegation skills; and ability to work collaboratively. Must have strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills to manage complex tasks and/or those that require balancing competing interests.
• Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills, with ability to see patterns, be a fast thinker, and make decisions with strong attention to accuracy, detail, and local context.
• Demonstrated patience, reliability, composure, and stability under pressure, with experience handling confidential/sensitive matters and a strong personal ethics commitment.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
• Experience in the use of computers, and the use of word processing and accounting/spreadsheet software.
• Experience in an academic, research, or clinical environment with responsibility for facilities planning and management functions across a large division.
• Proficient with facilities-related software and enterprise systems.
February 24, 2021
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Lisa Howard at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: January 20, 2021
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Roanoke
- Business & Management Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Roanoke
- Management Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Roanoke
- Other Business & Management Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Roanoke
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Roanoke