Information Security Analyst I
Under the direction of the Manager of Information Security the Security Analyst will monitor computer networks for security issues, install security software and document any security issues or breaches you find. Responsible for 24x7 support of Information Security systems and support. Responsible for performing job duties in accordance with the mission, vision and values of the University of Central Oklahoma.
Department Specific Essential Job Functions:
Responsible for maintaining and managing the university’s network infrastructure. Manages the implementation, and maintenance of network infrastructure under the guidance of acceptable University policies and procedures. Works on complex problems where analysis of situation requires in-depth evaluation of various actors. Plans large scale systems projects. Provides recommendations for improvements to the network infrastructure which includes developing road maps, guides, standards and procedures.
- Responsible for implementation, monitoring and identifying security vulnerabilities/intrusion detection and for building firewall policies on next generation firewalls.
- Monitor computer networks for security issues.
- Investigate security breaches and other cyber security incidents.
- Install security measures and operate software to protect systems and information infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption programs.
- Document security breaches and assess the damage they cause.
- Work with security team to perform tests and uncover network vulnerabilities.
- Fix detected vulnerabilities to maintain a high-security standard.
- Stay current on IT security trends and news.
- Develop and maintain organization wide best practices for IT security.
- Support penetration testing.
- Support the installation of security software and understand information security management.
- Creates and maintains documentation, including diagrams, operational and support procedures. Publishes client-facing support documents to improve user experience.
- Interacts with end users, service desk, team members, and stakeholders in gathering information to define and document required changes to the environment. Assists IT management in preparing business and use cases.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Must possess strong customer service and interpersonal skills. Strong analytical, organization and collaboration skills. Ability to work well under pressure, handling multiple tasks and balancing multiple objectives, while consistently ensuring that priority objectives are met. Ability to communicate technical terms to non-technical users. Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to understand procedures, policies and proposals. Adheres to and complies with UCO’s shared values and the Office of Information Technology’s Code of Ethics. This position is on-call 24x7x365 and requires the successful candidate to have high-speed internet access to their residence, and maintain a smart phone on which to receive telephone calls, email, SMS messages from servers and authorized OIT personnel.
Requires an Associate degree in a technical field, such as Cyber Security, Computer Science, or Information Technology plus 2+ years of relevant experience in the chosen field, or 4 years of relevant experience in the chosen field if degree has not been conferred.
- CompTIA Security + highly desired.
- Firewall certifications from Cisco and Palo Alto highly desired.
- Basic understanding of IP Management (v4 & v6), Access Control Lists, Policy Based Routing, routing protocols, wireless networks, secure remote access, VLANS segments, BGP and IP load balancing systems.
- Comprehensive understanding of system monitoring services and tools to track equipment response times, temperature, voltage, interface status etc. and alert technical staff of problems.
Will this employee supervise others?
Reasonable accommodations (in accordance with ADA requirements) may be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.